BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Engineering productivity and efficiency at Portworx focuses on building tools and frameworks that enable the engineering teams to work efficiently. We are looking for an Devops expert to help us design and develop SaaS based infrastructure at scale on cloud. You will collaborate with various stakeholders, like other Architects, Engineers, Program Managers and Solution Architects. This position has direct visibility to the exec staff, thus presenting a unique opportunity to influence strategic decisions and learn.
What You Will Be Doing
· Focusing on SaaS infrastructure and support by building internal tools and applications with production quality and user experience in mind;
· Designing and developing developer-experience and improving the CI/CD architecture;
· Updating engineering management with progress and help make strategic choices;
· Working on automation and improve development and release processes;
· Consulting with other architects across the R&D teams to ensure our solution is addressing SaaS product needs
· Doing customer/internal POC/Demos
· Own and deliver service level objectives for Portworx SaaS products
· Responsible for Site Reliability
· Responsible for planning the cloud resources capacity for portworx SaaS product deployments
· Responsible for Monitoring and Analysis of Deployment performance
· Evangelizing modern and upcoming technologies, and practices - make them part of our engineering culture;
What You Bring To The Team
· Expertise in one of the following languages: Python, Go, Java;
· 12+ years of experience, with significant exposure to productivity engineering and related areas like automation, developer-experience, DevOps, infrastructure as a Service, Cloud etc.;
- Experience with micro services architecture built on containers and Kubernetes.
- Kubernetes and Docker knowledge and experience is a must
- Knowledge of other CCNF projects is a plus
- Experience with highly scalable distributed systems.
- Experience in developing monitoring and maintenance tools
- Proficient in one of the following languages - Go, Python
- Experience of working with AWS,GCE/GKE and Azure.
- Strong experience with Linux systems (network configuration, web technologies, system settings, common command/utilities);
- Advanced understanding of Kubernetes constructs, containers and design patterns for enterprise SaaS class scale and success;
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps tools (Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Spinnaker, etc.);
- Intimate knowledge of SCM, CI, Build & Packaging tools (git, Makefiles, Jenkins, Pip, Apt, Artifactory, Docker Registry, Helm etc.);
- Prior experience building/testing large-scale, enterprise class products related to storage, networking and/or virtualization is a plus.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.