BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
BUSINESS STRATEGY AT PURE...
What makes this team unique in contrast to other opportunities? Here at Pure Storage employees get a much wider exposure to strategy development and market execution. This team is closely aligned with both the Sales and Finance organizations and presents strategic guidance directly to top management. Business Strategy works closely with product management, engineering, finance, marketing and many other teams to develop partnership strategies, influence product vision, and establish go-to-market plans. The successful candidate will have 360 visibility to all aspects of business management - from strategic planning to deal execution, from initial strategic idea to full go-to-market implementation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING...
We are looking for a highly talented commercial professional with exceptional problem solving skills to join our Business Strategy team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing commercial decision making and growth initiatives within Pure Storage’s EMEA Theatre and occasionally for initiatives that touch the whole company. This role is both strategic and tactical: it supports daily as well as strategic decision making. The role will require timely collaboration between multiple, passionate stakeholders for urgent, time-sensitive decisions.
- Develop a strong understanding of Pure’s business model, competitive landscape and products
- Review incoming deals for accuracy, fitness and alignment with policies and strategic initiatives
- Understand common deal patterns and drive pricing and monetisation strategies to win deals
- Provide day to day decisions that guide the business towards company’s long term goals
- Support complex deal engagements, creatively structure and model deals and coordinate internal approvals for them
- Trusted advisor to EMEA sales and sales leadership on commercials, sharing insights and trends on key business metrics
- Be the go-to Business Partner in cross-functional teams of Sales, Finance, Legal and Product Management - shaping and analysing large and complex deals to maximise key business metrics
- Stay abreast of disruptive players/vendors entering the market
- Analyse market trends and customer feedback to anticipate customer needs, features, and functional requirements from which the product, engineering, technical and development teams can design, build, test and implement new products and offerings
- Support EMEA commercial policy and investments/growth projects
- Collaborate and present to functional leaders on a regular basis. Anticipate business questions by proactively developing targeted analysis, and support quarterly business reviews with local sales leadership
- Work closely with cross functional teams including corporate functions in California
- Maintain a confident, well informed point-of-view to challenge conventional or entrenched views
- Work on larger Global strategic deals including Pure subscription offering that involve senior management. Play a role in wider stakeholder reviews and presenting large company impacting deals to HQ and the executive team
- Manage complex deal engagements, creatively structure and model deals and coordinate internal approvals for them including management of a cross functional team of stakeholders from Sales, Finance, Legal and Product Management
- Work with Sales leadership to find resolutions to business challenges including large complex competitive deals and shaping country / regional commercial strategy
- Drive the execution and operation of day to day activities
- Support and guidance to analysts within the team
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM...
- Great business acumen and exceptional problem-solving skills, seeing a challenge through to the end
- Collaborative and open style which is proactive and service oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
- Can-do attitude, ability to quickly get up to speed with complex new topic areas, and capable of driving insight to tangible action plans
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment
- 8 years of experience, preferably in the high tech industry, of which 2+ years of experience in commercial management, 2+ years of experience in a deal desk, product management, or comparable function
- Experience working in a Deal Desk/commercial management team
- Ability to analyze & recommend the best course of action for complex pricing situations
- Knowledge of Storage industry and Storage as a service is highly recommended
- Ability to gain and maintain credibility with senior management
- Strong and effective verbal and written skills
- Storage industry experience a plus
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (e.g. business, finance, economics, science, engineering, or a related field)
- MBA highly beneficial
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.