BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is currently seeking a Sr. Security Operations Engineer with strong incident response experience. Candidate will work closely with the Security Operations Manager and is responsible for all aspects of security operations and initiatives. This hands-on technical role shares responsibilities across the team in threat identification, incident response, and policy development. The role is key to the onboard security systems initiative, building and improving technical solutions in collaboration with the security team’s internal partners and constituents.
YOU WILL BE…....
- Responsible for the onboarding of security systems and services into security operations
- Responsible for management, administration & maintenance of security devices and services
- Contributing to the maturity of the SOC; evaluate current tools and techniques to better secure data and drive integration with new products and services
- Contributing to and maintenance of operations roadmaps for security infrastructure components including intrusion prevention/detection, data security, IT/network security, threat intel, information sharing, and incident tracking
- Creating and implementing security requirements for operating the security infrastructure in a consistent manner
- Bringing new ideas and innovations to the table, with a focus on continuous improvement and productivity of the team overall
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE......
You should have:
- A passion for information security and technology who loves to solve problems traditionally or creatively
- A DevOps mindset, and able to think outside the box
Experience with SOC technologies such as IDS/IPS, UTM firewalls, EDR, anti-virus, network-based threat detection, SIEM, and netflow
- Experience working with Docker and cloud computing platforms.
- Ability to automate tasks using a preferred language (e.g. Python, Powershell)
- 5+ years of experience in an operations center environment (GSOC, SOC, CFC, or similar 24x7 communications hub)
- An understanding of operational risks that drives the response process to minimize the impact of these risks
- Experience mapping control frameworks to security practices
- Proven track record running and maintaining IT systems
- Linux+, MCSE, Security +, CISSP, AWS CSS, or relevant experience
- BS in Information Security or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making prudent technical risk decisions
- Self motivated with a strong sense of ownership, “can-do” attitude, urgency and drive
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and writing skills
This role is based in our Prague office and open to candidates in the surrounding areas.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.