BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE
As an Engineer/Architect in the Global Services Engineering team, you will utilize your strong competencies across Cloud and Core technologies (such as Kubernetes, Portworx, Docker, Ansible, Enterprise Storage, Linux, and VMware) to create world class professional services offerings. You must also be able to provide solutions and design services to provide the highest level of support and technical consultation to both Pure sales teams and our customers.
The ideal candidates will have proven experience working with customers across a diverse Professional Service Portfolio to realize their cloud, on-prem, hybrid and traditional ambitions. Whether it be presenting to a prospective customer about how Pure can accelerate their business, or to understand their aspirations and capabilities, and being able to position new solutions. You will be comfortable presenting on these subjects to all levels of the business.
The candidate would be expected to excel in all technologies aligned within the Professional Service Portfolios, including guiding through both technical and process changes that are critical for success.
You will work predominantly on scoping, designing, engineering and the delivery of services which are engineered to resolve specific customer business problems and delivery of outcomes to these problems. To design and engineer these services, you will need significant experience of customer business requirements and in-depth technical skills across all cloud-native and traditional Infrastructures, to enable you to create targeted solutions to our customer base. Some of the work undertaken may be to build PortWorX and Kubernetes solutions (Cloud/Hybrid/On-Prem) or to work with current Pure technologies where customers are looking for our Professional Services to help expedite their transformation to the cloud. It is likely you will be expected to be a member of the hands-on team delivering these services in the first iterations of the services and to ensure knowledge transfer to the PS delivery teams globally across the Professional Services geographies. You will be expected to learn, lead, teach, and everything in between.
You will possess a thorough understanding of IT architecture, designing solutions, cloud native technologies, networking, storage (NAS/Block), operating systems, data migrations and implementation of these solutions. Additionally, you should be skilled in coding (Python/PowerShell/Perl/Scripting/Ansible) to enable automation of these processes where appropriate.
You will be responsible for creating the vision and moving that vision through the services design and implementation phases.
Our Global Services Engineering Cloud Engineers/Architects work with customers, sales teams, product engineering and Pure partners to:
- Create new services across a wide range of technologies within the Professional Services Portfolio
- Understand prospects’ technical needs related to their IT transformations
- Provide technical consultation/education to the sales teams and keep them apprised of all new PS offerings, both cloud-native and traditional
- Participate in PS Engineering led evaluations and proof of concepts on new products
- Work and integrate with Pure core development and engineering teams on future products
- Advise and consult on engineering developments and strategies that any transformation may provoke, ensuring these solutions meet and integrate into our clients DR and BCP best practices
- Evaluate partner proposals for new services to ensure they deliver quality and value for money
- Help to deliver solutions either as a sole resource or member of a team
- Develop scripts for both integration and automation of Pure storage into a customers’ operational environment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE
- Track record of designing and executing complex cloud and traditional strategies
- Migration experience between cloud providers, on-prem to cloud, and on-prem to on-prem
- Experience building an Engineering Centre of Excellence to accelerate cloud and traditional migrations and transformation
- Preparation and delivery of technical and architecture solutions
- Professional level AWS certifications and/or the equivalent Microsoft Azure, GCP, Portworx, Kubernetes, Ansible as well as Linux, VMware, SAN, and NAS solutions
- Data Center Migrations/Consolidations/Toolsets
- Proven experience of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PowerShell, and shell
- Strong knowledge of SMB, NFS, S3 Protocols
- Networking and SAN infrastructure (Nexus / ACI / Broadcom / Brocade).
- Other technical platform or infrastructure migration tools
- Data Center Migration Implementations for block, file and object
- Multi-vendor server and storage platforms and performance tuning experience
- Hyper-V and VMWare ESX (vRA / SRM)
- Contribute significant portions for data migration solutions to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, S3)
- UNIX OS, NFS and SMB file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Disaster Recovery, Replication, Backup (Veeam/Commvault/NetBackup) and Migration technologies (Cirrus/LVM/vMotion).
- Pure FlashArray / FlashBlade / Active Cluster / ActiveDR and other Pure product knowledge
- An understanding of Pure CBS (Cloud Block Store) and how it is positioned in the market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong documentation skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Pure products and services is required.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving
- A ferocious appetite for learning and helping others do the same
- Travel to the prospective global sites as necessary
For Colorado Applicants (as required by SB19-085):
- Minimum annual base salary of $114,000. This position may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.