BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE:
You will be supporting a team driving innovation in the data ingestion and analysis cloud platform that powers data driven insights for the company. You will be responsible for delivering key features of this SaaS product while building out scalable data platform and will partner with product management and various other software teams across multiple BUs to deliver the most impactful features. If you are passionate about partnering with smart engineering teams, working with large amounts of data, building scalable systems to ingest/digest billions of data points every hour and enabling reliable access allowing business critical data driven decisions, this is the best place to be! We want somebody to join the team that is naturally curious about technology.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Design and implement creative new algorithms and technologies for high-performance, highly reliable systems (think six 9’s)
- Own and deliver innovation end-to-end, from concept to shipped product
- Analyze and solve challenging problems through persistence and insight
- Work as a team with smart peers who inspire you and who are inspired by you
- Make customers really happy, because that’s why we do what we do
- Learn a ton, whether you know a lot, or nothing about system software
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- A minimum of 7+ years experience using C, C++, Python, Go, Java or related programming languages (< 1 year experience? We have special opportunities for you! Please apply directly to our University roles on our careers page)
- Experience technically leading projects
- Proven design sensibility and the willingness to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Experience working in SOA, AWS cloud and containerized environments
- Experience engineering in large scale distributed systems and high performance data management layers is a plus
- A BS degree in Computer Science; Advanced degrees are a bonus!
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.