BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We’re looking for a standout Product Marketing Manager (PMM) who thinks and acts like a “General Manager” who wants accountability for the revenue target for their product or service and is willing to lead the charge on the GTM side to make sure you meet or exceed it. As the product marketing leader for the FlashArray//C and FlashArray Files team, you’ll drive the strategy for growing the business for FlashArray//C and adoption of our Files offering on the FlashArray portfolio. You’ll not only be responsible for the messaging and positioning of your product, but building and driving the overall GTM plan to deliver business success. You will partner with product management and engineering to distill complex technologies into consumable customer benefits and then work with marketing, sales and channels to ensure integrated marketing campaigns are in place to drive demand for your product and that sellers and partners are enabled to best position your product. You’ll understand the intricacies of the marketing funnel and digital demand generation tactics as well as what it takes to drive sales opportunities to closure. You’ll also be an evangelist comfortable speaking with technical end users as well as IT executives.
- Build out and drive execution of the end-to-end GTM plan for your product or service. Be the center of the execution hub between digital marketing, field marketing, sales and channels, ensuring your product or service is being effectively taken to market through the various channels and ensure activity is creating a marketing funnel that will meet or exceed topline business revenue goals
- Own messaging and positioning of related product or service
- Test and refine new marketing approaches and channels to reach and engage key audiences
- Partner with corporate marketing to develop detailed campaign project plans, creative briefs, and digital strategies, including campaign goals, messaging, calls to action, segmentation strategy, adoption campaigns, marketing distribution channels, and campaign schedule
- Drive seller and partner enablement and success - ensure sellers and partners can not only articulate the product capabilities and benefits effectively, but also have the tools and programs they need in order to meet their targets
- Deeply study the market and the competitive landscape so you can identify areas of differentiation and opportunities for growth
- Regularly engage with industry analysts to keep them up-to-date on our product and solutions, explore new market opportunities, test product messaging and positioning, and solicit feedback from their view of the market and vertical we operate in
- Define business metrics, measurement plan, and testing plan for related campaigns
- Work at both the strategic and tactical level to champion bold, creative ideas
- Work effectively across Pure Storage with groups such as engineering, product management, corporate marketing, sales and channels to achieve our joint business goals
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training, or product marketing/management
- Startup and/or field marketing a plus
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
- Good knowledge of block and file storage and associated use cases.
- Strategic leadership and strong business acumen.
- Strong presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical problem-solving ability and outside-in thinking.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.