BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Pure Platforms team builds the industry’s most innovative, high-performance, and highly available portfolio of products that are designed for the most demanding mission critical applications. While we deliver a hardware storage array, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. Our customers are the most important part of our business and they love FlashArray & FlashBlade for their simplicity of management, the constant flow of new and exciting upgrades, and ability to live on the cutting edge of technology while never taking downtime, ever. Most recently, we extended the value of our capabilities into the cloud with CloudSnap and Cloud Block Store for AWS. These new innovations enable our customers to leverage the agility of the public cloud for both traditional IT and cloud-native applications.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING...
As a Hardware Technical Marketing Engineer (TME), you will represent the Product Management organization on technical marketing aspects of assigned product line(s) throughout the product life cycle. You will develop, author, publish and deliver technical product information, technical white papers, and best practices guides that enhance the technical pre-sales teams’ selling abilities.
You may also be involved in characterizing performance requirements across a wide range of workloads spanning from industry standard benchmarks to specific applications. You will also work with established and potential business development partners, interoperability testing, and product evangelism.
You will work closely with product management and engineering providing detailed requirements and recommendations to help set the strategic direction for the product line. Additionally, you’ll provide feedback and guidance to the software and hardware engineering teams regarding customer requirements, use cases, and important features and capabilities in the products that Pure Storage develops.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES...
- Plan and develop technical collateral to highlight best practices resulting from functional and performance testing. This includes developing architecture white papers, solution design guides, integration guides, and reference architectures. This analysis will also include determining the ideal method for simulating and testing the product/solution in a "real environment". Significant experience in server, network and storage areas and testing is desirable.
- Conduct analysis and publish information on configuring, tuning, and optimizing platforms.
- Ability to conduct hands-on testing and document interoperability with 3rd party applications, servers, and virtualization solutions providing best-practices.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the assigned product area and assist pre-sales technical teams.
- Provide a source for reliable technical information and advice on products to the Pure Storage hardware and software engineering teams. Must be able to define in detail use cases on current or new product.
- Responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of technical pre-sales training.
- Provide technical support to Marketing in developing and implementing marketing programs (e.g.: collateral, events, shows, etc.) and participate in trade shows by providing technical demonstrations and expertise as related to product performance.
- Create and deliver highly technical presentations to customers and internal pre-sales technical audience.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM...
- 8+ years of technical background with an understanding of SAN and NAS, compute and networking.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Broad, overall datacenter and software knowledge required with significant enterprise technical depth in: system hardware/software, applications and storage products
- Strong knowledge of Windows, UNIX, Linux, File Systems, Server virtualization, interfaces
- Experience in managing multiple complex tasks and prioritize based on business need
- Experience in generating various technical documents and reports including best practices guides and whitepapers
- Strong writing and communication skills required
- Analysis and problem solving skills required
- Working knowledge of Unix shell scripting, Perl and other scripting languages (Python, Ruby, etc) a plus
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.