BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
You will be responsible for selling into Commercial accounts in Chicagoland.
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities.
- Assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and domain expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
- Prepare and deliver of technical product and architecture presentations to customers and ensure the technical win within the new prospects and clients.
- Capture new solution requirements.
- Identify and encourage new opportunities for interoperability, functional, and performance testing/validation.
- Facilitate mutual roadmap and planning exchanges
- Work with product and technical marketing to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations) that support overall alliance plans and objectives.
- Track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- 10 years minimum experience supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers.
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives).
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment.
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems.
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Pre-sales experience is required.
- Prior experience in targeting new prospects and converting them into clients.
- Application knowledge is highly desirable.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.