BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Information Security is a top business imperative at Pure Storage. In addition to driving security in our Corporate environment and Pure Storage services, the Security team is deeply entrenched in the Pure Storage business. As such, we contribute to product roadmaps, branding, research and other strategic aspects of our products and service. We work across multiple functions, business partners and the research community. We are an engineering-focused team that seeks to stay on the cutting edge of security technology and the threat landscape.
We seek a knowledgeable and execution-focused security leader to drive technical outcomes across the Pure business. The scope for this role includes but is not limited to:
- All Pure Storage technical security controls and services
- All Pure Storage product engineering environments
- All Pure Storage IT environments
- All IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS services leveraged by Pure Storage
- Help define Pure Storage’s security outcomes in the following areas:
- Product security engineering - vulnerability management, security assurance, DevSecOps automation
- IT security solution architecture
- Security tooling and controls, eg; network security, privileged access management, data protection, zero trust, etc
- Lead and develop a team of security engineers and architects to provide a center of excellence providing engineering service to product security as well security operations
- Partner with development and operations teams to facilitate practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and when required, engage the resources to find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Deliver tasks based on project objectives; technically support projects through to completion.
- Engineer and implement solutions and provide recommendations for continuous improvement for the services provided
- Author technical security standards, patterns and guideline artifacts to enable business unit technical teams to build inherently secure systems
- Engage Pure Storage leadership to influence technical security outcomes across the business
- Define and maintain the security implementation roadmap – ensure that appropriate budget is forecast for delivery initiatives in line with Pure Storage delivery governance processes
- Establish and run the appropriate design governance forums to ensure security controls are effectively implemented
- Serve as the point of contact for the security architecture and engineering team at Pure Storage.
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor to stakeholders including customers, executives, peers, and employees.
- Evaluate project design security controls to ensure effectiveness, including leading security control remediation efforts.
- Stay current on security industry trends, attack techniques, mitigation techniques, and security technologies by attending conferences, networking with peers, and other educational opportunities.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE......
- Candidate will be willing to submit to an enhanced background check which includes credit verification
- Candidate must have (7-10 years) working in a security engineering and architecture roles
- 5+ years of DevOps and DevSecOps experience
- Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Working Knowledge of and experience with Agile delivery principle
- System Administration, or network engineering experience a plus
- IT Security and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certifications are a plus
- IT Security certifications are a plus (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc.)
- College degree BS preferred
This role will ideally be based in Mountain View, CA and is open to candidates in surrounding areas.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.