BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the Role
As the Head of Marketing Operations & Strategy you will be responsible for building / managing the marketing planning process, PMO of strategic initiatives, marketing performance analytics, investment planning, and operational design and support that will help Pure achieve our aggressive growth objectives. This key Marketing Operations leader will be the primary support role to the CMO and key Marketing Leaders and report to the Vice President of Integrated Operations (IOPS). He/She will have a unique opportunity to partner closely with leadership across the organization with a focus on building fast and iterative customer insights, scaling processes, and informing the right investment decisions. This position will be the primary interface between marketing and its key partner teams and stakeholders in Sales, Analytics, IT, Finance, and Operations.
About the Team
This is a unique opportunity to drive the business in a cross-functional team capacity. As the Head of Marketing Operations & Strategy, you will build out marketing operations, working closely with the entire marketing team and partner directly with the CMO. You will also be a member of the IOPS team to ensure scalable and aligned strategies, designs, and operations cross-functionally.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Partner with the CMO and other marketing leaders to set, manage and execute on the Marketing vision and deliver the marketing plans to support planned growth targets.
- Own Marketing departmental planning process and cadence, improving the way we develop holistic, end-to-end marketing strategies and plans.
- Define and PM strategic marketing initiatives and projects aligned to Company and CMO’s goals and priorities.
- Strong understanding of Marketing ROI and Analysis for making recommendations on strategy and working closely with key stakeholders to optimize Marketing effectiveness.
- Experience in running planning and forecasting processes across a globally diverse and cross functional marketing team. Including annual planning processes and quarterly business reviews ensuring budget attainment and control of spending.
- Keen analytical skills and ability to cut through noise in the data drill into issues and deliver valuable business insights to stakeholders to help make recommendations to achieve goals and targets.
- Effective communication skills in helping run and execute, Marketing Strategy formulation and planning, quarterly business reviews, weekly performance reporting and provide analysis and insights to support the Marketing Leadership team.
- Understanding of foundational and emerging Marketing Technology to support analytical and operational Marketing Processes and hunger to continuously learn and discover new and emerging tools.
- Partner with teams to build an infrastructure that equips marketing with clear actionable data and ensure investments have measurable ROI.
- Develop new/enhancements to attribution and tracking methodologies that measure the ROI of new and existing marketing programs (i.e. paid, organic, events, nurturing programs, etc.)
- Develop core performance scorecard for the global organization and support with robust reporting and dashboards; prioritize issues for attention and financial investment shifts and decisions.
- Manage database hygiene and optimization; develop/execute strategy for monitoring and improve gaps in data health and marketing automation performance.
- Implement and optimize lead/account scoring (behavioral, firmographic, and predictive models) and lead/account routing methodologies to ensure highest quality leads are passed and prioritized appropriately for qualification.
- Build and maintain key relationships with leaders across Marketing Sales, Finance, Product and more broad IOPS.
- Drive alignment between marketing and sales on joint metrics.
- Represent and champion Marketing across the company.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10+ years of Marketing Ops and/or comparable experience in a fast-growing B2B company.
- Strong project management capabilities with history designing and implementing large strategic initiatives.
- Track record of strategic story-telling and being able to make compelling arguments to executive leadership.
- Strong understanding of Marketing technology landscape, measurement and attribution approaches.
- Experience managing marketing automation platforms.
- Strong project management skills, able to prioritize by working closely with the marketing and sales teams for best roadmap.
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication and relationship building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.