BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in historjapay, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a Technical Design Architect, you will utilize your strong technical competencies to provide the highest level of implementation capability and technical consultation to both customers and Pure sales teams to support sales goals. You will work on cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers, Services and engineering to scope and help sell Professional Services solutions for homogeneous and heterogeneous solutions to customers/partners.
You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partner’s business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history, enabling you to build and present targeted solutions to our customer base as a member of the hands-on team delivering these services across ASEAN / Asia.
The role covers pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates.
You will possess a thorough understanding of IT architecture, designing solutions, networking and implementation of these solutions and you must have significant experience in the field of replication, clustering, cloud offerings as well as data migrations, technologies and solutions. You will also be experienced in delivering large scale and complex projects utilizing all the mentioned offerings and will also be skilled in scripting to enable automation of these processes where appropriate.
- Understands prospects' technical needs related to a specific market or specific product (i.e. block, virtualized, file solutions, clustering, replication best practice, disaster recovery, business contingency).
- In a post-sales consultative role, supports the implementation of the professional services solution that was scoped and subsequently sold.
- Participates in customer evaluations and proof of concepts on Pure systems to support sales efforts and address future customer needs.
- Advises and consults the sales teams on engineering developments and strategies for replication, clustering and data migrations, ensuring these solutions meet and integrate into our clients DR and BCP best practices.
- Evaluates partner proposals for migration services to ensure they deliver quality and value for money to Pure.
- Delivers technical solutions to our customers, either as a sole resource or member of a team.
- Develops scripts for both integration of Pure storage into a customer’s operational environment and the automation of replication, clustering, cloud and data migrations.
- Prepares and delivers technical and architecture solutions.
- Contributes significant portions for data migration solutions to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Travels to the prospective customer's domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
Experience with the below technologies:
- Flash Array experience / Replication technologies (Active Cluster or similar)
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and other cloud-based offerings.
- Data Center Migrations/Consolidations/Toolsets
- Networking concepts and high-level designs
- Cirrus Data Solutions Appliance (or Appliance based solutions for migrating block data)
- Virtualization Tools - Cisco/Microsoft/VMWare (Cloud solutions)
- Proven experience of scripting languages such as Perl, Shell, Powershell, Visual Basic, Python.
- Networking infrastructure (Nexus / ACI / Broadcom / Brocade)
- Other technical platform or infrastructure migration tools such as Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Datadobi, StorageX, Open Replicator.
- Data Center Migration Implementations for block and file.
- Multi-vendor server and storage platforms and performance tuning experience.
- Windows, AIX and Linux Operating systems
- Hyper-V and VMWare ESX (vRA / SRM)
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and other cloud-based offerings.
- Disaster Recovery, Replication, Backup technologies (Zerto / Veeam / Rubrik / Veritas NBU)
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in data migration tool sets (specifically the Cirrus Data Appliance) and disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin is required.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- 10+ years of overall technical experience across Asia.
- 5-8 years as a SME / solutions architect
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Pure products and services is required
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; or equivalent work experience; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.