BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
You will work with a globally distributed team across time zones in Asia, Europe, and the Americas. To succeed in this environment, you will be a highly collaborative worker and an enthusiastic communicator. You will actively participate in software development by attending daily or weekly sync meetings, uncover features for documentation, report on documentation status for release features, and meet release deadlines for your areas of responsibility. You will also help your fellow colleagues do the same by providing reviews, feedback, and edits on their writing.
You will research new technologies, both externally at an industry level, and internally at the product level. In your research, you will interface with engineers and other subject matter experts directly to understand the features you’re documenting. You will then use those features yourself on the same production software and systems as your users.
Core job duties
- Work with technical staff to research, write, edit, and maintain software documentation
- Write release note
- Work with a globally distributed team
- Attend daily or weekly meetings and syncs
- Follow a style guide to write consistently and appropriately
- Review colleagues’ writing
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
As a technical writer for the Pure Storage Cloud Native Business Unit (CNBU), you will work closely with technical staff to plan, write, publish, and maintain software documentation for CNBU products. You will focus on our users to create documentation that enables them to:
- Understand the core concepts and architecture of our products
- Deploy and integrate our products into their workflow
- Operate and administer our products
- Maintain and update our products
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Excellent command of the English language with an emphasis on writing for a global audience of developers
- 2 years of experience in technical writing for software
- Familiarity with the following technologies:
- Linux command-line applications
- HTML, CSS, JS
- Experience with containerization: kubernetes, Docker
- 4 years of experience in technical writing for software
- Experience with cloud services, virtualization, networking
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and comfortable working in sprints
- Markup languages: Markdown, ASCIIdoc
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.