Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
What You Will Be Doing
This role requires a combination of skills with virtual environments, working with some of the most exciting, challenging and large-scale systems in the Asia Pacific and Japan region to drive the innovation and efficiency agenda with both existing and new customers. This includes acting as a trusted advisor to customers in use of best practices, scaling, tuning and troubleshooting of all things virtual, as well as providing guidance and feedback to Pure engineering and global product teams on future enhancements of our technology to help drive even larger gains in the technology. The second key aspect of the role is in engagement with the wider 'V' user community to build Pure’s capability and help shape the future direction of our product line witha hugely diverse user base from hedge funds to oil exploration to F1 racing teams.
This also involves traveling to conferences, expos etc to present and represent Pure where there is interest from a particular technology vertical.
- Be a new Stack Technologies Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Pure Storage APJ.
- Build the Pure brand in the product vertical through a range of channels
- Enhance the Pure technology stack to improve efficiency, performance, agility with the
- Work closely with PM, Marketing, Engineering, CSG and global SA team to build the
- product capability with Pure technology
- Train internal SE community (incl. partners) to enhance their skills and knowledge with
- the product - the ‘why Pure’ message
- Present the Pure capability at industry vertical and product-specific events
- Build (or enhance) social media presence to increase Pure mindshare with the product
- user base
- Create written collateral to build a repository of high-quality research and consumer material for Pure with the product
Role has a equal split involving:
- Customer sales meetings (must be able to articulate Pure value in a developer mindset)
- Lab work (Build relevant demos, maintain demo environment)
- Partner/SE enablement (Educate our SE’s and external Partners on what you know and how to translate Pure’s value to Developers and NewStack Architects))
- Content Production/Delivery (White Papers, Speaking Engagements, Blogs, Original PPT material, Best Practices etc)
What You Bring To The Team
- Strong consultancy/soft skills for customer engagements, 1:1 and 1:many presentations, creation of high-quality written documentation and presentation materials
- Key Skills required: Vmware & VRealize, HyperV, OpenStack, Dockers/Containers, Kubernetes, Ansible, Redshift, AWS/Azure, DevOps CI/CD
- Candidates from enterprise end-users with experience of managing /'owning' large virtual environments are particularly encouraged to apply
- World-class technical skills and experience designing and implementing IT infrastructure solutions, involving virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Technical knowledge of cloud architectures including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience communicating value, progress, and metrics (status) of key projects to required stakeholders and diverse audiences (technical and business)
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we support our engineers in moving around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefit programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.