BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is seeking a machine learning engineer intern! You'll be doing statistical analysis over large amounts of data and building high quality machine learning systems integrated with our products. You'll also spend time building these systems that ingest, process, organize and store data from a diverse collection of data sources. With a fellow intern partner, you'll work on an impactful project that will contribute to the success of Pure.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. program in Computer Science or a related field with an expected graduation date in or after December 2021
- Able to work full-time for 12 weeks during Summer 2021, based in the U.S.
- Strong background in Machine Learning and its applications
- Skills in Building Machine Learning Models & their subsequent Evaluation is a must
- Use of statistical techniques to crunch data and understand what questions it can answer
- Must be fluent in Python
- Familiarity with basic machine learning models
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix, AWS/S3, Apache Spark
- Previous machine learning internship experience preferred
- Must be willing and able to work in a remote team environment
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.