BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a senior architect for a nascent and growing product team in the FlashBlade BU, one of the fastest growing at Pure, you will help us evolve the object storage offering. You will make a large impact on a very strategic initiative and help set the technical direction for this product segment and multiple other product areas.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL...
In collaboration with product management, synthesize market segments and ecosystem, technological trends in this space, and strategic needs and business goals of the BU and the company to appropriate technological vision, strategy and roadmaps, with furious intent to innovate for customer value and experience.
Socialize technological vision, product architectures, design proposals to influence, guide and shape decision-making with a broad range of peers and executives across organizational boundaries and upto the most senior organizational levels.
Collaborate closely with architects from various cross functional teams, and the company at large, to drive integration across multiple platforms and products, provide consultation, design input, and feedback for software development and design reviews. Collaborate with Product and Engineering Management to define the development, risk mitigation, roll-out / deployment plans.
Technically own overall architecture for scalable storage offerings across multiple concurrent releases and platforms, by scoping large complex programs, leading system architecture development across multiple teams and concurrent projects while maintaining a high level of detail, and in particular rooting out technical interdependencies, risks and mitigation strategies. Get involved at a hands-on level designing and coding, as needed.
Champion, oversee and contribute to quality standards, strategies and modern methodologies, for company products through the use of systematic processes.
As an individual contributor, guide and mentor less-experienced staff members to set an example in excellence for innovation, development and maintainability of software applications. Participates in and provides input on the process for selection of future technical leaders.
Engage directly with customers and customer-facing field and support teams to understand customer needs and improve supportability of the product offering and for supporting key customer escalations by taking ownership of issues from diagnosis to resolution, with solid troubleshooting skills.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Ability to quickly learn, develop working experience and, drive innovation and thought leadership in new technologies, and make objective build vs buy vs leverage technological choices.
- Experience with all phases of SW product lifecycle - early concept, product definition, MVP development, GA / New Product Introduction, rollout to production deployments in enterprise environments, and mature product support.
- Solid experience with modular system architecture, system analysis and decomposition, design of distributed and high parallel processing systems, and architectural paradigms and design patterns for key constructs necessary for an enterprise-grade product, like HA, resiliency, availability, non-disruptive upgrades, data protection schemes
- Experience with building systems exhibiting enterprise characteristics of high availability, reliability, and supportability and driving performance and scale impact and analysis, measurement and improvement.
- Enthusiastic about working on a wide range of product areas across a large enterprise-class software codebase, with in depth understanding of system components like networking, data storage systems, features and protocols. distributed systems, data plane, management and control plane, low level software, etc.
- Comfortable with driving and documenting complex architectures/designs with mature design principles, design patterns, etc., and participating in Design and Code Reviews while exhibiting an ability to "think in code" for algorithmic performance and codebase maintainability.
- Technical knowledge of data center architectures, and on-prem vs public vs hybrid cloud deployments and architectures including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of building developer API creation, implementation and support, RESTful services and using REST API and related frameworks
- Must have worked in agile environment, with CICD exposure and familiarity with related automation frameworks (e.g. Jenkins).
- Proficient in modern programming/scripting languages/technologies (Python, Go Language, Java, C/C++, etc), Linux and container technologies like Docker, and comfortable to get involved at a hands-on level in designing and coding, as necessary
- Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts around data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms.
- You must be a proactive, motivated, driven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.