Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is actively seeking a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to drive customer satisfaction, strengthen customer relationships and build trusted advisor relationships by personalizing their customer’s Pure Storage / Portworx experience.
This role includes responsibilities for Customer Success activities which include on-boarding, support, services, adoption, training, advocacy, retention, etc. and outcomes renewals, up-sell, cross-sell, reference-ability, customer satisfaction, adoption, consumption, customer engagement, etc.
You will be the customer advocate, trusted advisor and Storage subject matter expert by bridging communication and effort into the various business functions (Engineering, Product Management, Finance, Marketing, Support, Sales, Executive Leadership).
By engaging with customers, Pure Partners & Distributors and internal stakeholders to align Pure Storage / Portworx technology with business and technical needs, you will provide enterprise-level, white-glove service and support to ensure successful deployment, delivery and value realization of the Pure Storage / Portworx licenses. You will be responsible for defining key metrics for success and building the processes, systems, programs, and tools to ensure that we deliver customer growth.
You will have a deep understanding of customer’s business challenges and objectives as well as their technical environment, in order to deliver effective solutions to both technical and non-technical end-users while also supporting a wide range of technologies and cloud deployments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a deep (and technical) understanding of a customer’s business priorities, operational model/objectives, data center environment, data center architecture/roadmap, implementations, business priorities and IT initiatives
- Establish, own and drive strategic, operational, risk and growth management reviews as they relate to hardware / service delivery, deployments, migrations, capacity planning & expansions
- Own the overall post-sales service delivery relationship with key customers with complete responsibility for total customer experience within your accounts. You will be required to own and drive service value delivery, issues management, escalations and resolution
- Deliver monthly and quarterly business reviews to align business and technical goals across multiple stakeholders e.g. customers, partners, GSIs and multiple functions across Pure Storage
- Act as a customer advocate and conduit into various internal cross-functional teams, including Sales, Support, Engineering, Product Management and Executive leadership
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor, advocate and subject matter expert to support the Pure Storage / Portworx programs internally and externally
- Must be able to exercise excellent judgment in a high-performing, high-growth environment while paying extremely close attention to detail and keeping the bigger picture in view
- Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of Pure’s products and services
- Participate in Executive Briefing Committee discussions, Sales Account Strategy & Growth planning, Technical and Support troubleshooting and triaging.
- Up to 25% travel to visit Customers as needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 3 - 5+ years’ experience in customer-facing, relationship management role. Prior experience in TAM, CSM, Professional Services, Support and Sales Engineer (or similar) roles preferred
- 2 - 5+ years experience working with container orchestration technology in an enterprise environment
- Must be located in the US region and within a reasonable radius to support regular (on-site) customer visits as needed
- Excellent communication, project management, presentation, and problem-solving skills required with the ability to build trusted partner relationships with premier Enterprise, Public Sector, Healthcare and Financial Services Industry customers. Ability to scale from technical engagements and guidance to mid-level IT management interaction.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Support, Engineering, Product Management, and Consulting Services.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, determining project urgency and execute detailed action plans in collaboration with customers and stakeholders
- Written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and also explain the impact in business terms, reports and presentations to executives within Pure and customer organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle critical issues, drive discussion and present internal and customer issues at the executive level
- Willingness and ability to travel (occasionally at short notice), provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed to support maintenance activities
- Ability to adapt to, define and influence within a new business line where policies, process and operations are in early stages of development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent technical experience is required
- Good technical knowledge of VMware, Linux, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, AWS and AZure.
- Broad understanding of the cloud native landscape, current CNCF projects and popular applications/use cases met by this architecture
- Ability to seek and identify new use cases which could benefit from cloud native architecture
- Ability to run technical demonstration sessions of newly released features which could benefit specific accounts
Nice to Have Skills
- Deep (and technical) understanding of data center infrastructure – virtualization, compute, storage, networking, converged infrastructure, distributed file systems, DR/HA, security - and workloads such as VDI and enterprise apps.
- Project Management and/or service delivery qualifications (such as PRINCE2 or ITIL)
- Experience deploying and managing production Kubernetes applications in enterprise environments
- Understanding of how to architect stateful applications within container orchestration systems
- Experience with managed kubernetes offerings such as GKE, EKS, AKS.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.