Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Portworx, the fast growth Cloud Native Business Unit at Pure Storage is hiring a Senior Director of Demand Generation. Portworx enables digital transformation at Global 2000 companies such as T-Mobile, Kroger, Comcast, DreamWorks, Royal Bank of Canada, Roblox, Lufthansa, and Audi. These companies are launching transformative applications rapidly on cloud native & Kubernetes platforms in which Portworx is a market and technology leader.
This role will lead all aspects of demand generation - digital marketing, web marketing, programs and marketing operations - to create qualified leads and sales opportunities for the Portworx business. The Senior Director of Demand Generation is a management role within the Portworx team. The ideal candidate will
- Develop and execute comprehensive, multi-touch, integrated demand generation programs that drive and accelerate pipeline and account acquisition.
- Design self-serve product led growth (PLG) web marketing strategies to drive Free Trials and pay-as-you-go adoption
- Be a creative thinker who enjoys complex problem solving, an adaptive doer who thrives on business results, and an inspiring manager who builds winning teams.
- Bring a growth hack mindset, with
- willingness to try and adopt new technologies,
- an ability to design programs to grow lead flow with a clear understanding of opportunity and customer acquisition costs vs customer value
- a data-first approach to continually measure funnel metrics and optimize performance to improve conversion and ROI .
- Develop, execute and monitor paid search, display, content syndication, digital media, webinars, email marketing, and other programs.
- Contract with and manage agencies for digital, SEO, and marketing operations.
- Work closely with Pure Storage global and theater marketing and partner with field teams consisting of sales development, direct sales, and partner sales.
- Work with our marketing stack (e.g., Marketo, SFDC, Outreach, etc) for accurate program execution, including sourcing, attribution, nurturing, routing to sales development, understanding conversions, analyzing the results, and thus improving the program
- Monitor, analyze web traffic and campaign effectiveness. Initiate development of A/B and multivariate testing of site content and design to maximize search engine results and traffic conversion.
- Measure performance of the entire program and report on it.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5+ years of demand generation marketing experience in enterprise software
- Experience developing and executing modern B2B demand gen programs in self-serve SaaS or Freemium / Free trial based product led growth
- Experience with web marketing strategies and website management and operations
- Ability to lead and participate in strategy development as well as be a hands-on operator
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, both at the executive level and with peers and cross-functional teams.
- Can clearly articulate ideas, frame problems and offer solutions.
- Very good understanding of marketing insights derived from attribution models, customer database mining, and other sources of customer insight
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.