BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Our Platform Team
Pure Storage is seeking a Principal Hardware Product Manager to drive the hardware roadmap for our Unified File and Object Storage product, FlashBlade. The role will focus on business and product planning, defining product requirements, driving and articulating the value of the product line to key audiences, including customers & strategic partners. You will develop product position and competitive analysis and will manage cross-functional relationships for the development of new products - including working with engineering, manufacturing, finance, and sales to bring products to market.
You will be part of the Pure Storage organization that is responsible for all hardware development within the company.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Define product and feature requirements – future product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends. Work closely with the engineering team to build the products.
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base. Conduct market and technology analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use
- Manage product positioning, pricing and forecasting.
- Analyze historical data and identify areas of growth.
- Run beta and pilot programs with pre-released products.
- Work closely with the executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the project teams
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 8+ years of combined experience in a product management and hardware product development roles (Infrastructure, ASIC, FPGA, Systems).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent. A Master's Degree is a plus.
- MBA is strongly preferred
- Technical understanding of enterprise storage environments, deployments and use cases is a plus but not necessary.
- Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem solving and data analysis skills
- Direct and relevant experience and a strong understanding of and experience with product lifecycles, release milestones, from concept inception to product end-of-life.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.