Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
We are looking for a highly motivated, persistent, polished and entrepreneurial Account Executive to focus on finding/nurturing/closing deals related to Portworx. The territory to cover will include Germany, Austria & Switzerland.
In this role you will:
- Grow a territory and manage deals from land to expand, doing major account planning/selling
- Work through partners in order to drive new business opportunities through them
- Understand prospect and customer use-cases in order to drive new business
- Plan and manage the relationships at both the strategic and operational level
- Evaluate new opportunities and present recommendations to the management team
- Conduct competitive and market intelligence sessions for customers
- Work closely with the rest of Portworx sales/pre-sales/SDR and engineering teams
- Give enablement sessions both 1:1 and 1:many in order to spread the word on Portworx
- Leverage all available documentation, best practices, knowledge-base articles and other vehicles to assist customers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10+ year’s experience in selling Enterprise software and subscription software
- A basic technical understanding of the Enterprise software, Container, cloud native, and storage domains
- Ability to present Portworx’s UVP, product, vision, strategy, and road map
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communication, able to build relationships easily and deepen them over time
- Avid hunter with proven prospecting skills, consistently opening doors to new customers and navigating seamlessly between the boardroom and the data center while passionately positioning the advantages of a Portworx solution
- Authenticity and a genuine desire to engage customers and understand their business challenges
- Thought leadership, creativity and a Challenger Mindset; the ability to apply your customer insights and expertise in technology solutions to position Pure’s portfolio to solve persistent problems
- Ability to assess, plan, and actively manage a territory to achieve maximum revenue and efficiency
- Expertise leading a complex sales process with multiple stakeholders, while fostering teamwork and shared ownership internally and with Partners
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and driving referenceable business
- Passionate about post-sales customer success
- Ideally based in Munich, but this is flexible
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.