Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
From redesigning our customers’ experience with our Modern Data platforms and services, to evolving our own internal tools and ways of working, we are taking deliberate steps to invest and innovate in critical areas to delight our customers and outdistance our competitors. Portworx for Pure teams are looking for Software Engineers who can help drive this digital transformation and set Pure up for continued growth.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Build and review performance benchmarking requirements and metrics to ensure all of Portworx products deliver the best performance on the platforms they run on.
- Track performance benchmarking goals during release cycles to ensure build to build performance regressions are caught and addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist in validating new performance enhancements, evaluating new architectures to drive improvements and work closely with the development team to collect, interpret and analyze data from different performance experiments
- Research and develop performance benchmarking strategies for different applications, come up with best practices for performance planning and work with solutions and sales engineering to validate customer scenarios and requirements as needed.
- Contribute to the automation of performance benchmarking, data collection and analysis
- Manage the performance test beds, keep them up to date on hardware and software and make them available for internal tests and experimentation as needed.
- Analyze tests results, identify bottlenecks and work with development to address the issues
- Generate periodic performance reports for management review.
If this describes you, let's talk! You can take a part in changing how the world works with data.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field. BS with good work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in system level performance benchmarking for servers, storage and databases.
- Prior experience in Python or Golang would be preferred
- Strong experience with Linux systems (network configuration, web technologies, system settings, common command/utilities)
- Working knowledge of Linux containers/K8s a huge plus
- Basic understanding of QA concepts, terminology and testing life cycles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; commitment to delivering great software and releasing it efficiently and with increasing quality.
- Knowledge of working with test automation frameworks and CI/CD workflow tools
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.