Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Our Sales Operations Director for Portworx will align closely with Vice President of Portworx Sales in development and execution of the overall Portworx sales strategy. This includes working directly with Portworx Sales Team and Sales Operations leadership as well as cross functionally across Marketing and the Cloud Native Business Unit. This role will analyze and measure all aspects of Portworx business, develop sales programs to pursue incremental revenue streams, and engage directly with the field teams to drive execution of programs. The DSO will work with the Sales VP to drive the cadence of the business through forecast and pipeline reviews. This is a fast-paced and constantly evolving sales environment that requires excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task and work under and towards a deadline. The DSO will possess superb analytical skills and the ability to work as a team, not only with the Sales leaders and their colleagues but also cross-functionally across the organization.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work directly with Sr. Director, Functional Sales Operations and Sales Leadership to execute on strategic priorities and achieve sales goals by providing timely sales analytics including pipeline analysis, forecasting and sales results.
- Develop and evolve the Portworx tool stack and operational processes to rapidly integrate with core businesses models while preserving the differentiation required to achieve growth targets.
- Pro-actively identify issues and solutions to drive performance and productivity across the sales teams.
- Build and execute on standard weekly, monthly and quarterly operational cadence utilizing key metrics to drive forecast accuracy, measure key initiatives and identify areas of opportunity.
- Engage directly with sales leaders and field sales teams to drive execution of sales programs
- Support Portworx leadership in creation of internal content/presentations to articulate business strategy, challenges, opportunities, and results
- Drive annual sales planning processes with a focus on target setting and the creation sales coverage models
- Assist sales team with reporting and processing through internal systems and processes (e.g. Salesforce.com).
- Assist sales team with deal structuring to ensure best value for the company while maximizing quota attainment.
- Work closely with Theater Operations to share knowledge, best practices and facilitate standardization across the whole sales organization.
- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10+ years Sales Operations experience in the technology industry preferably with experience in a SaaS company or with as-a-service offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance (MBA preferred)
- SalesForce and Tableau experience preferred
- Excellently demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellently demonstrated Excel skills
- Excellently demonstrated PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills, confidence to effectively engage with executives
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and have an internal strong sense of urgency
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.