BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be supporting a team driving innovation in the data ingestion and analysis cloud platform that powers data driven insights for the company. You will be responsible for delivering key features of this SaaS product while building out scalable data platform and will partner with product management and various other software teams across multiple BUs to deliver the most impactful features. You will also provide technical direction and mentoring to employees on your team and others to achieve successful project outcomes. If you are passionate about partnering with smart engineering teams, working with large amounts of data, building scalable systems to ingest/digest billions of data points every hour and enabling reliable access allowing business critical data driven decisions, this is the best place to be! We want somebody to join the team that is naturally curious about technology.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
In this role you'll get to learn and contribute to the process of developing great technology and building a successful company. Our open culture and transparency allows employees a substantial engagement with engineering and business decisions for both strategy and operations.
- 3+ years of technical management experience, at multiple levels while carrying a passion to stay hands-on in development
- 5 plus years of systems software development experience, demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire SDLC in an agile (Scrum) environment with short cycles and delivering features a CI/CD SaaS platform
- Strong customer focus, with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working in SOA, AWS cloud and containerized environments is desirable
- Experience engineering in large scale distributed systems and high performance data management layers is a plus
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices and passionate about productivity driving continuous process improvements
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.