Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Portworx, a Pure Storage Company is the Kubernetes Data Services Platform enterprise’s trust to run mission-critical applications in containers in production. Only Portworx provides a fully integrated solution for persistent storage, data protection, disaster recovery, data security, cross-cloud and data migrations, and automated capacity management for applications running on Kubernetes. As a result, Portworx is the #1 most used Kubernetes data services platform by Global 2000 companies, including Carrefour, Comcast, GE Digital, Kroger, Lufthansa, and T-Mobile. Based in Los Altos, Calif., the company was also named the Leader in the 2020 GigaOm Radar for Data Storage for Kubernetes report.
We are currently building out our Customer Experience team and are looking for Technical Services Engineers to join our US Team. As a Technical Services Engineer, you will:
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and support large-scale customer deployments of Portworx’s container data services stack that span thousands of nodes in public and private clouds
- Become an expert in containers, container run times such as Docker and schedulers such as Swarm, Kubernetes, and Mesos
- Work with customers and partners in understanding and troubleshooting their deployments, application workflows and workloads through multiple layers of the software stack
- Work with engineering team to analyze the logs, reproduce customer issues and develop strategies to address customer issues
- Communicate proactively and clearly both internally and externally to enable highest levels of customer success
- Participate in pre-sales calls, help with customer installation during POC and when in production
- Perform hands-on Linux system setup, administration, and troubleshooting to help to enable successful customer installs
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- BS in Computer Science, IT degree or equivalent practical experience
- Good understanding of Linux system administration, systemd, cgroups and linux container concepts and troubleshooting.
- Experience with installing and supporting large-scale enterprise software and systems
- Experience work with public cloud environments like AWS, Azure and GCE desired
- Understanding of storage concepts, storage technologies, and prior experience troubleshooting storage deployments would be a plus
- Excellent shell scripting skills desired
- Experience in working with one or more devops tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform would be a plus
- Fluent in English with clear verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated, self starter who is not afraid to roll their up sleeves and do the right thing to help the customer succeed
- 8+ years experience
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.