BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Cloud Ops Engineer focuses on understanding Pure’s cloud strategy through multiple vendors. With a primary focus of managing cost and efficiency, the Cloud Ops Engineer will also research and understand how to move workloads from one platform to another in the most efficient way. A broad understanding of cloud platforms and how to host applications via public or private solutions will be key to the success of this role.
- Building and scaling public cloud infrastructure, instances, and workloads
- Daily tracking of cost over various platforms used by Pure including AWS, VMWare CloudHealth, DataDog and ChartIO.
- Ability to complete tenant/subscription cost breakdowns by various dimensions including service name, platform and manager.
- Tracking cost against budget for existing public cloud usage.
- Perform consolidation and redundancy checks around AWS based tenants.
- Identify best use case scenarios for AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platforms.
- Evolve Pure's public cloud secure instance architecture.
- Continue to grow our use case for our existing Azure, AWS, & GCP subscriptions.
- Develop a strategy around Google Cloud Platform usage in production and test environments.
- Work with core infrastructure groups to increase opportunities for hybrid implementations.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to determine public and hybrid cloud requirements.
- Governance of Kubernetes cost allocations following the same pattern (on-prem and cloud versions).
- Collect data from AWS, Kubernetes and Cloudhealth to enable daily cost tracking using a combination of REST APIs and python libraries.
- Create a daily email report with aggregate cost information, including top cost drivers, new services.
- Provide idle resource automated checks/reports -- for AWS, Azure and GCP.
Your Professional Qualities:
- Strong initiative and communication.
- Willing to challenge the status quo
- Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Remains informed of emerging industry practices.
- Excited about new technologies and their potential use cases.
- Likes to build and create new technological platforms.
- Has an automation first approach to problem solving.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- 5 to 10 years experience working with public cloud environments.
- Bachelor degree requited - CIS preferred
- Creating reports in Cloud focused visualization tools
- Experience assembling a robust collection of alerting for anomalous cost spikes.
- Experience creating public and hybrid cloud instances.
- Ability to articulate best practices surrounding public and hybrid cloud architectures.
- Background it programming, scripting, and / or automation tooling.
- Experience with at least 2 of the cloud platforms specifically: AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.