Senior Product Manager, FlashArray
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
FlashArray Product Team
The product management team is responsible for driving the Software Roadmap for our flagship product, FlashArray. Product Managers focus on defining and driving software features and capabilities as well as being responsible for market and business analysis and product direction. The team works with cross-functional teams comprising of Engineering, CTO office, Partners, Marketing, Sales as well as Executive Staff. The Pure Storage Product Management team defines and drives the future of the all-flash array market.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Define overall product and feature requirements - future product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends.
- Support and enable the product and solutions teams to design cloud enabled storage and compute architectures.
- Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements for enterprise-class storage array systems.
- Drive roadmap based on market, technology, business and competitive analysis.
- Field/Sales – engage key account field sales teams and channel partners. Work with team to support sales process and drive the overall customer engagement model
- Foster an active ecosystem of customers and partners.
- Responsible for competitive material development and SE/Sales support materials as well as customer presentations.
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base.
- Work closely with the executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the project teams
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 8+ years of combined experience in a product management and product development roles
- Strategic leadership and strong business insight
- Deep, technical understanding of enterprise storage environments, deployments and use cases
- Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem solving
- Consistent track record of developing a vision, strategy and execution plan for a product line
- Experience and a solid understanding of product life cycles, release milestones, from concept inception to product end-of-life
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and shifting priorities
- Consistent record of taking ownership and driving results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, Master’s Degree a plus.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.