BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Operations team in Mountain View, CA is looking for a Supply Chain/Materials Manager. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with Demand Planning team on forecast accuracy, concerns and challenges to improve supply targets based on market demand changes and trends
- Work with internal and external counterparts to align forecasts with manufacturing capacity and logistics
- Develop and build (Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to measure efficiency and track performance expectation with CM’s, and to reduce potential supply risks such as Carrying Cost, Safety Stock, Inventory Turnover, Excess and Obsolete.
- Represent our company as the primary contact with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers in at regional and Global levels.
- Build and maintain relationships with CM’s and suppliers. Work directly with CM’s and serve as the main contact for consultations and supplier management to resolve all issues to maintain a continuity of supply to support monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets
- Work closely with the NPI team to support new product development, implementation and transitioning ramps including review schedule requirements, allocations, capacity, delivery, cost and yield improvement.
- Review, develop and update process documentations new and change process internally and at CM’s
- Complies with all GMP, regulatory and ISO guidelines, including company policies and departmental procedures
- Proactively facilitate and recommend re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional areas (Supply Chain, Sales/Marketing, Operations, Finance and IT).
- Manage 3PL relationship, maintain company orders shipping SLAs and On-Time Delivery
- Provide guidance to assist and resolve any logistic issues with CM’s, Suppliers and customers including trade and compliance, import and export, rules and regulations with the Asian Pacific region and international.
- Inventory Management to manage and drive company inventory to meet company inventory targets.
- Responsible for managing Contract Manufacturing for all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that materials are right-sized by location, quantity and timing.
- Manage materials planning from NPI to Production to ensure no gap of materials between NPI and Production including Inventory management.
- Plan, manages, and coordinates all activities related to sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Control inventory levels and ensure availability of material during emergencies
- Review and assess risk to supply and demand variability and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate materials risk.
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers for non-Core Materials
- Identify materials disposition and minimize E&O due to ECOs, deviations and product transitions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Master Planning/Production Scheduler (MPS) experience with tiered Contract Manufacturers. Proven knowledge of the Storage Industry’s planning and forecasting of SKU, bundle planning, assembly and component, experiences with supply chain functionality, advance analytical capability, knowledge in identifying demand & Supply trends, dynamic, seasonality impact and promotional impact of fast pace enterprise storage product line
- Deep knowledge of Forecast planning and techniques, Supply planning, and MRP systems including Bills of Materials, component shortages, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders process.
- Expert and knowledge of production and manufacturing processes
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software: ERP, NetSuite, Agile PLM, Kinaxis and other Planning tools, MS Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access) advanced user.
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills and team building and leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within all levels of the organization
- BA/BS Degree or its equivalent in relevant areas - Supply Chain Manufacturing, Operations, Business, Economics, Engineering, etc.
- Sense of ownership, critical thinker and problem-solving skills, team player
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read and write and speak fluent in both Spanish and English.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.