BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Sr. Workday Payroll Administrator is responsible for supporting the roll-out and on-going maintenance of the Workday Payroll and Time-tracking system while identifying and recommending ways to ensure its optimal effectiveness and usage. This position is part of our Payroll function and will have a “dotted line” relationship with our People Technology team. In this role, you will be responsible for gathering requirements, designing, delivering, and supporting business transformation using Workday for Payroll and Time-tracking.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and develop solutions for U.S. Payroll using the Workday HCM and Payroll knowledge base. Knowledge base must include the following: system configuration/operational experience, reconciliation and verification of on-cycle, off-cycle and retro payroll data, payroll file maintenance, preparation of periodic reports of earnings, deductions, withholdings, and taxes.
- Act as a subject matter expert for researching, troubleshooting, and resolving integration and production issues, payroll processing errors and escalations, applying best practices and ensuring long-standing solutions. Understand cross functional impacts of certain configuration decisions/touch points, downstream impact of changes to the configuration, data, and integrations.
- Design and document configuration changes by thorough testing documentation and impact analysis.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot, test, and implement efficient solutions.
- Perform Workday administrative functions including security maintenance, payroll business process and tasks configurations, tenant configuration, data loads, integrations, and learning, configuring, and presenting the feature release upgrades and opt-in functionality.
- Perform Break-Fix on current configuration/payroll processes. Identify trends, determine root cause, analyze future implications, and determine the most effective solutions.
- Support business process strategies for end-to-end payroll processes to achieve efficiency, productivity, and improved control.
- Engage with the Workday HCM and payroll teams to ensure appropriate business processes and security is implemented and maintained.
- Ensure compliance with policies, regulations, wage tax laws, segregation of duties, SOX, DOL, and other federal and state legislation impacting payroll. Adhere to control objectives established with internal audit.
- Streamline and revise payroll procedures; recommend and implement changes leading to best practices and provide solutions to payroll, human resources, and finance.
- Coordinate tax setups and filings of remote office locations in various states and localities. Ability to understand and explain the alternate work location functionality, impact to taxation, and required information for accurate system calculations.
- Provide support to year-end tax reporting and work with vendors to ensure all imputed income is captured and appropriately reported.
- Resolve escalated payroll issues, provide expert payroll knowledge such as special/unique payrolls, 401K administration, benefits, international assignees, tax regulations and tax exemption for states and locals. Troubleshoot payroll escalations pertaining to local income tax calculations performed by Workday, state/local tax reciprocity rules, review annual changes to tax regulations and impact to system configuration.
- Create ad-hoc reports and report accurate data to stakeholders.
What You Bring To The Team
- Outcome driven mindset with complete focus on enabling the business
- Experience with Workday Payroll and HCM is required
- Current or previous Workday certification for US Payroll. Certification must have been issued by Workday via a registered partner. Previous certification should be no longer than 2 releases ago
- 6+ years of recent hands-on payroll processing experience with multi-state and multi-company payroll required, including absence and time and attendance management. Should also have experience leading or processing 2-3-year end projects for payroll
- Organized and focused to drive meaningful results, process improvements, manage complexity, and meet operational deadlines
- Strong ability to work as a team, strong collaboration and develop business relationships to drive outcomes
- Experience with system upgrades or implementations a plus (HCM, Payroll, Workday, ADP); advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, and complex formulas
- College degree is required
- Advanced knowledge of state and local tax regulations with exceptions to taxable wages and applied reciprocity, especially for California, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, and Pennsylvania local income and service tax
- Advanced knowledge of W-2’s, how they are calculated, and reporting guidelines
- Experience with configuring and publishing W-2’s and other tax documents using Workday
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Interface Builders (EIB’s) and ability to configure and edit templates based on business requirements
- Ability to identify gaps in payroll processing and controls based on current Workday features
- Experience delivering recommendations for new Workday features and functions that are specific to company and payroll processes currently in place
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- Processing and configuration of international assignee payroll.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.