BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage is investing significantly in our Pure-as-a-Service (PaaS) business model, our platform for transforming the Enterprise storage environment into a highly efficient storage utility. PaaS leverages our industry-leading, field-proven, FlashArray, and FlashBlade infrastructure to deliver a cloud-like Modern Data Experience. You can read more about PaaS on our datasheet, found here.
As a result of this investment, we are creating a new role - Principal Transformation Consultant for PaaS - to elevate Pure's position in the Storage-as-a-Service landscape and build creative transformation strategies with our current significant customers and informing new customer relationships.
The Principal Transformation Consultant will be an integral part of the PaaS Sales team and our Global Sales organization.
CENTRAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Drive adoption of PaaS solutions into current strategic accounts and new customer opportunities.
- Engaging in current and future customers in conversations about their business and technology service need to help them embrace their Digital business transformation needs.
- Influencing infrastructure needs in Enterprise organizations...and identifying / building & designing / leading large scale projects & programs.
- Defining end-to-end PaaS offerings, which include (but not all-encompassing): Service architecture blueprints; cloud and technology services strategy; business & IT processes that influence commercial and financial models; and short- and long-term roadmaps.
- Engage senior leaders within Pure across a wide range of functions and teams, including our field facing the community of Account Executives and System Engineers.
- We are creating adoption of PaaS methodologies and services via engagement with Pure Channel, Partner, and Strategic Alliances communities with a primary objective of driving recurring revenue.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- A 'services' first, consultative approach, working closely with strategic account teams and sales leadership to triangulate strategic consulting, deal structuring, and project management.
- A long-view of business & technology strategy, investments, and innovation drawing on requisite IT and business management knowledge.
- High acumen in data and infrastructure technology; cloud automate-everything strategy; on-demand models; and advanced IT architecture modeling.
- An understanding of the 'table-stakes' of an as-a-Service environment, including billing, invoicing, customer disputes, measurement and reporting
- Experience in Agile application development and DevOps models; automation principles; infrastructure operations; project management; and IT security.
- An understanding of cross-functional pursuit teams on high-profile engagements, using a wide range of mediums (workshops, forums, industry panels) to educate internal sales teams and external constituents on strategy methodologies and industry trends.
- Broad skills and knowledge were engaging with IT Operations, Engineering, and Architecture groups while working well in small, dynamic teams.
- Agility in learning new business models, keeping up with the latest trends, being a disruptive thinker while articulating Pure's vision and how we will deliver to meet their aspirations.
- Thought leadership and trusted advisors with their client stakeholders.
- High comfortability in communicating & influencing CXO stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or related field) required; MBA or Master's degree preferred
- 10-15+ years of experience in a broad range of technologies; experience working with a Managed Service Provider (MSP), Cloud or System Integrator (SI), transitioning through operational leadership and program management
- Broad and deep knowledge - and curiosity of - IT industry trends in multi-national Enterprise organizations
- Solid technical background, including working knowledge of Storage, compute, database, networking, virtualization, and emerging technologies (New Stack, AI/ML Big Data analytics.
- Experience in producing collateral for clients (presentations, appears, Proof of Concepts)
- Travel ~50% of the role, both domestically and internationally
- Attend industry conferences, author white papers and PodCasts, and present and industry events
- Proven ability to build executive-level relationships, including geographically dispersed teams
- Must demonstrate Excellent oral and written communication skills with a high degree of attention to detail, including broad utilization of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to tell compelling stories and explain complex issues in simple ways
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Sound business judgment and driving continuous innovation & thought leadership
- Entrepreneur and a demonstrated self-starter
- Fluency in Japanese and English.
AND SOME NON-NEGOTIABLES….
- Customer Focus: Identifies, evaluates, and develops innovative and sophisticated end-to-end customer solutions. Takes ownership and responsibility to resolve the most critical customer situations. Leads others in solving complex customer problems.
- Decision Making / Judgment: Recognizes trends and industry directions about the impact on the function. Routinely anticipates issues and takes proactive action.
- Productivity: Accountable for high impact individual and cross-functional team deliverables.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Act as a working team leader for cross-functional groups. Mentors others in a specialty or discipline. Helps develop others through discussion and debate of innovative ideas in the context of company business.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.