BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Responsible for administering Linux systems, network switches, storage arrays; associated infrastructure and developing automation and documentation to improve operational efficiency.
- You will administer Linux systems, network switches, and storage arrays with an emphasis on hardening against security threats.
- You will write scripts and use monitoring software to help detect and correct problems.
- You will support automated deployment and configuration management of Linux systems through custom scripts and configuration management software.
- You will participate in an on call rotation to respond quickly to incidents that impact our ability to ship product.
- You will document standards, procedures and run books to improve operational efficiency and standardize responses to issues.
- Bringing new ideas and innovations to table, with a focus on continuous improvement, automation, and productivity of the team overall.
- Be a lead contact between IT, our manufacturing partners, and the manufacturing test team.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 4+ years of work experience of solid Linux administration experience, preferably in a DevOps setting, or equivalent. Network administration experience preferred, but not required. BSCS, BSMIS, or equivalent degree preferred.
- An understanding of how production environments work, how they are physically connected, and the fundamental processes and workflows necessary to keep them working,.
- Strong scripting ability in any language (but preferably Python and/or Bash) preferred.
- Experience with configuration management utilities like Puppet or Ansible preferred.
- An understanding of networking, server, and storage array technology and their troubleshooting methodologies.
- Virtualization administration experience preferred.
- MySQL/MariaDB and PostgreSQL administration experience preferred.
- A detail orientated mindset, the ability to plan large operations, and flexibility to adjust that plan as needed.
- A keen interest in problem-solving. Misbehaving services are more "interesting" than "annoying."
- A positive attitude toward learning new skills, and coordinating with people.
- Ability to travel internationally and nationally (though travel is a minor component of the job)
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in Spanish, Mandarin, or Vietnamese is a bonus.
- For the right candidate, we are willing to consider a remote work from home option (Western US, Houston, TX and surrounding areas preferred)
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.