BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The FlashBlade team is responsible for FlashBlade and ObjectEngine products. With the FlashBlade product, we are building a scale-out all-flash file and object store, designed for the modern world. To really understand how our customers work with data, we are deeply immersed in AI, modern backup, log analytics with Splunk and Elastic, data pipeline with Kafka, cluster computing with Spark, and many more use cases. With the ObjectEngine product we are looking to modernize data protection by driving to a new architecture of F2F2C (Flash to Flash to Cloud).
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Systems requirements analysis and specification.
- Full life cycle software development from architecture through development, release and maintenance.
- Designing, coding, and debugging systems in C/C++ and Python.
- Running analysis in forms of software, code, requirements, system risk, and software reliability.
- Conducting software review and identification of code metrics
- Software development for Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL), diagnostics and reliability evaluation.
- Work with the hardware team on board bringup, debugging and qualification.
- Implementation of software for inventory, configuration, fail over, environmental monitoring, enclosure management, event handling, etc.
- Inter-component interface design (both SW<->HW and application<->system software)
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Work closely with the hardware, manufacturing teams to improve the reliability of systems.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in Linux kernel and Linux device drivers.
- Experience with shipping highly reliable data center products to the market.
- Natural curiosity and the ability to design, implement, and test your product components while thriving in a highly collaborative and team oriented environment.
- Thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems, and data structures.
- Experience in systems development to include: embedded software, firmware, networking protocols, and/or device drivers.
- Familiarity with low-level hardware (x86 and BIOS, u-Controllers and networking) and protocols such as PCIe, I2C, USB, and Ethernet.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- B.S. or higher degree in CS or equivalent experience.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.