BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Operations Team at Pure
Operations covers areas including technical operations, manufacturing, product supply, service logistics, and facilities. The people are what truly makes this an amazing org. They maintain close knit partnerships and everyone comes together a couple times each year for exciting offsite trips and events. They strive to ensure employees to enjoy coming to work, and most of all, have fun!
Pure Storage is seeking a Commodity Manager to work in our Operations team. This role will partner with BU’s including Engineering, Finance, and Operations to focus on diverse direct spend, defining and implementing commodity sourcing and strategies.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Present Cost Savings proposals to management and internal customers.
- Negotiate global spend for key commodity items.
- Continually identify and implement new opportunities for cost savings and avoidance, and proactively track the progress.
- Facilitate quarterly road maps with key suppliers.
- Manage global direct sourcing strategy including contract negotiation and cost targets.
- Negotiate business T&C's relating to: payment terms, delivery terms, inventory strategies, lead times, price reduction, tariffs, VAT and other strategic issues with key suppliers.
- Implement programs for supplier selection, supplier performance management, and supply base optimization.
- Oversee supply agreements and work with Legal to establish optimal contract terms and conditions with suppliers
- Advise management on alternate global supply sources, component material costs, commodity pricing trends, and supply/demand situations that could impact the business.
- Monitor current commodity market conditions to identify challenges.
- Develop strategic commodity plans both internally and to Pure customers as appropriate.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10+ years’ experience in Supply Chain, Procurement and Commodity Management.
- Background working with ERP & MRP systems .
- Knowledge of the data storage market or high tech industry.
- Must be detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, customer focused, and adaptable to business needs.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
Job ID: #LI-MP1