BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
You will focus on Data Protection Solutions for the Engineered Solutions Group. This individual is a highly technical professional with an in-depth knowledge of the storage industry and specifically of data protection products and solutions. Strong knowledge of data protection software, hardware (appliances) and tools is a requirement.
You will work to create technical content for Pure Storage products and solutions that are targeted to Customers, Field Sales Teams, and Partners. You will also work closely with Product Management as well as other teams on the company’s current and future strategies.
If you are a creative thinker and can independently determine what needs to be done and how to do it, we are looking for you.
In this role, you’ll:
- Define and execute the solutions roadmap in the data protection area.
- Be responsible for developing technical collateral to highlight Reference Architectures and Best Practices.
- Build and demonstrate a solution within our lab using Pure Storage and Partner technologies.
- Lead projects working with cross-functional teams to build and demonstrate solutions.
- Create technical presentations for customer, field and partner use.
- Learn and understand the technical strategy in regard to Marketing Requirements Documents (MRD). This may include participating in cross-functional teams to review and influence product roadmaps.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Education & experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrate ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical white papers as well as project outlining and/or planning is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret performance data from operating systems. Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting is highly desired.
- Public speaking skills are required, as you will be representing Pure Storage at various industry events.
- High availability and cross data center replication knowledge at application or storage level is a plus.
- Product knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of data life cycle management concepts like data tiering, archiving and retrieval.
- Sound knowledge of data migration and replication is a requirement. Knowledge of cloud gateways is a big plus.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the backup / recovery software like Veeam, CommVault, Veritas NetBackup, Networker, IBM Spectrum Protect (a.k.a Tivoli) is a must.
- Working knowledge of PBBAs (purpose build backup appliances) like Veritas NetBackup appliance, Data Domain, Rubrik or Cohesity is a must.
- Basic programming knowledge is highly desired as the role would involve understanding, modifying and creating benchmark kits to perform proof-of-concept studies. Proficiency with one of the programming languages like Python, Java, Go is a big plus.
- Thorough knowledge of emerging storage protocols like Amazon S3 and its applicability to Data protection is a must.
- Working knowledge of Scality or Cloudian or any other S3 storage is a big plus.
- Strong execution skills:
- Ability to plan, outline and publish professional technical documents on schedule.
- Ability to translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and cross-functionally within the company.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks within a dynamic work environment.
- Some travel, domestic and international, is required.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.