BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As Creative Director of Design, you are responsible for the direction and quality of all design across all Pure marketing channels as well as evolving and strengthening the Pure brand identity. You will collaborate with the marketing team to apply user experience and design thinking to unique experiences. This position reports to the VP of Brand and Digital.
- Create the vision, strategy, and process for the Design Studio within Brand & Digital marketing.
- Define Pure’s brand visual identity and design marketing programs with a focus on company goals.
- Develop design for all marketing activities, including campaigns, events, web/blog and more.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team leaders in Demand Generation, Integrated Marketing, Product Marketing, Field Sales, and more to generate creative campaigns that resonate with Pure’s audience and achieve the targeted results.
- Partner with team leads to develop video strategy at scale and cost-efficiency.
- Direct and manage the work of strategic agency partners.
- Create a high performance, best-in-class design team driven to excel, challenge, and learn.
- Provide thought leadership ideas to develop innovative end-to-end visual strategies encompassing the creation, team brand reviews, optimization, and tracking to improve and elevate final deliverables. Mentor and guide the team to provide career pathing and build shared knowledge.
- Get hands-on with design & guidance throughout the design production cycle
- 10+ years of experience (incl. people management) on an in-house creative team or at an agency.
- Have a high degree of experience with B2B tech, is current with industry trends.
- Experience with concepting, directing, and delivering multi-channel campaigns which include events, web, online media, direct mail, and more. Experience managing budgets and creating resourcing plans.
- Solid critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with tight deadlines.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Strong ability to build cross-functional relationships that extend to onsite and virtual teams
- Global/remote team and agency management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Analytical, able to balance the data—and key results—with design
- Flexible with strong business sense and acumen
- Highly-organized with an attention to detail
- Proactive, positive, collaborative and customer focused
- Ability to work under pressure, agile when faced with changing circumstances
- Creative and insatiably curious
- Culture carrier
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.