BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE...
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The FlashArray team builds the industry’s most innovative, high-performance, and highly available portfolio of products that are designed for the most demanding mission critical applications. While we deliver a hardware storage array, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. Our customers are the most important part of our business and they love FlashArray for it's simplicity of management, the constant flow of new and exciting upgrades, and ability to live on the cutting edge of technology while never taking downtime, ever. Most recently, we extended the value of our FlashArray capabilities into the cloud with CloudSnap and Cloud Block Store for AWS. These new innovations enable our customers to leverage the agility of the public cloud for both traditional IT and cloud-native applications.
What You Will Be Doing
You’ll be actively engaged in all phases of the product development cycle with a focus on demonstrating capabilities of PURE’s internally designed SSDs. As part of the NAND and Drive Qualification Group, your leadership in areas of test, troubleshooting, assessments of results and team engagement will be utilized to drive progress with qualification efforts.
An overview of your responsibilities includes;
- Manage drive qualification, which includes executing tests, driving analysis of information from large test populations, leading reviews of information about the test population and guiding expectations based on testing results
- Organize testing plans for a given drive
- Develop methods and information about a large test population, using established metrics to guide the analysis
- Develop summaries of your expectations and present results in various forums
- Drive issues to resolution – perform initial failure analysis, analyze system for possible correlation, engage with various experts as needed and drive progress through closure
- Drive improvements in the qualification processes as you observe execution
- Brainstorm methods and procedures to evolve our team’s effectiveness
- Proactively define/develop new SSD qualification tests, covering new drive features, requirements, exposure to field issues etc.
- Use your strong scripting language skills to develop and automate tests and minimize qualification testing cycles
- Participate in various team activities aimed at developing testing process,
- Perceived as highly skilled in storage interface protocols (NVMe, SAS and SATA)
- Perceived as highly skilled in use of PCIe/SAS/SATA Bus analyzers, trace capture and trace analysis.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years in SSD/HDD design, development and qualification. (8+ preferred).
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (M.S. preferred).
- Experience working at enterprise data storage system, SSD companies or related component vendors
- Strong knowledge of Flash technologies/roadmaps, SSD controllers, drive FW
- Strong knowledge of hardware design, storage architectures and storage interfaces.
- Experience with failure modes of flash-based devices.
- Strong ability to devise, implement, automate and refine the qualification methods utilizing your scripting skills.
- Ability to qualify drives across a wide spectrum, from electrical to protocol to functional levels
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, technical development environment.
- Detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, and customer focused yet flexible and adaptable to business needs.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work collaboratively across various levels
- Ability to operate in a fast paced changing business environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable - undertake a variety of tasks willingly. Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required.
- Decisive - ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options.
- Integrity - act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional - Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution. Have a positive can-do approach to work.
- Knowledge/experience with Jenkins & GIT is a plus.
- SSD firmware development experience is a plus.
- Strong hardware design skills are a plus.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.