BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
This role will be as an SRE on our Engineering Support Organization. We support many tools but our Jira and Confluence installations serve large parts of the business and are therefore highly critical to keep running. You would be the point person for making sure that these systems meet our SLO goals for uptime and latency. You will be working on two main areas, the first would be working directly with engineers and managers to help them utilize the features and workflows of Jira/Confluence and it’s plugins and the second is to keep the backend web servers, load balancers, and database servers healthy and running smooth. When these apps are running smooth there are always other interesting projects to work on as well since our team does a good mix of building tools and helping Engineering run efficiently.
What You Bring To The Team
- Ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise systems running Atlassian suite products including Jira and Confluence
- Understanding of systems and database performance tuning preferably around the Atlassian suite or similar Java app
- Able to create scripts which assist in the automation of Jira functionality
- Experience Deploying, upgrading and patching Web apps and their backing systems
- Have designed and managed web proxy software like HAProxy or NGINX
- Used Postgres enough to triage issues and familiar with monitoring and load balancers for Postgres, including tools like PgBouncer and pgpool
- Passion for testing updates of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility
- Ensure the reliability of the Atlassian suite, including third-party products, and associated components
- Knowledge of JIRA projects, schemes, complex workflows, permission schemes, and notification schemes to be able to understand impact of the changes made by front end team
- Strong understanding of REST APIs, cookie auth, tokens, and automation usage patterns
- Experience writing documentation of JIRA best practices and policies
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has experience identifying issues, diagnosing, and carrying them through to resolution
- Will strive to get applications to run with maximum uptime
- Be available for 24x7 pager rotation
- Well organized, with ability to prioritize and set goals, maintain focus and follow-through
- Has run apps for large enterprises and understands scaling and capacity planning
- 3+ years as either a Linux Systems Admin or Site Reliability Engineer
- Proven ability to debug issues to their root cause and design solutions to remediate problems
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.