BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Data Center Operations Team is responsible for Pure Storage’s data centers, supporting engineering and production environments. We work with all engineering teams, including FlashBlade, FlashArray, Pure1 and others to provide reliable services that allow the company to develop new products and features.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Owning the lifecycle of a production data center network serving thousands of customers
- Designing and managing the network that make up our production and supporting environments
- Working with Project Management, DevOps, DevTools, Operations, IT and Systems teams to understand requirements and communicate functionality
- Deploying multi-site services and scaling deployments to thousands of systems
- Mentoring and training junior team members in network engineering
- Working with leading edge technologies, such as 40G, 100G, RoCE, and our own FlashArrays and FlashBlades
What You Bring To The Team:
- 3+ years of experience as a network engineer
- Familiarity with scripting and configuration management tools
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems such as Nagios or LibreNMS
- Generation of metrics and dashboards for easy communication to other teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience being in an on-call rotation and triaging production issues
- Strong knowledge of protocols such as MP-BGP, OSPF, and ECMP, LACP
- Proficiency with multiple network vendors such as Arista and Palo Alto devices
- Knowledge of networking best practices especially with regard to security at the border
- Working knowledge of optical networking technologies such as WDM
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.