BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We seek a highly motivated Manufacturing Quality Engineer (MQE) responsible for manufacturing quality excellence of Pure’s products in EMEA. This individual will work closely with his/her teammates in Ops Engineering and Supply Chain Management to ensure supplier quality KPIs are achieved. This individual will be responsible for three key areas: (1) Supplier quality metrics, monitoring and reporting, (2) Supplier audits, failure analysis and FA/RCA activities at suppliers, and (3) providing technical supports to suppliers and contract manufactures. As the Manufacturing Quality Engineer, you will:
- Be a technical liaison between Pure and our CM partner to implement most efficient processes for timely deliveries of high-quality products.
- Manage the product quality of system integration and system-level assembly in EMEA. Review yield reports and drive continuous improvement. Create and implement comprehensive quality procedures.
- Maintain quality inspection and FAIR for incoming components, in-process materials, and finished goods.
- Lead failure investigation and coordinate failure analysis with suppliers. Determine root cause of issues and drive corrective action implementation. Bring visibility to potential quality issues to management and follow through to resolution cross all supplier sites.
- Establish supplier quality standards and process KPI metrics. Generate and publish reports (monthly/quarterly) on KPI metrics.
- Perform audits at suppliers and enforce SCARs for nonconformances.
- Manage supplier quarterly scorecard and QBR feedback
- Work at local contract manufacture site 3 days per week at minimum, 4 or 5 days is preferred.
- Expect a considerable amount of working travel. Primary locations of travel are ASIA and USA.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical manufacturing related discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Highly experienced in high-tech manufacture environment including system integration process and mechanical assembly. A minimal 6 years of hands on experience in Storage Computing System, Server, Telcom equipment manufacturing process is preferred.
- Expertise in components and modules such as SSDs, HBA, DIMMs, PCBAs and PSUs
- Strong knowledge of supplier quality improvement methods such as 8D, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, etc.
- ISO auditor and Lean Six Sigma certified is a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers and commodity suppliers,
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and Czech with all levels of the organization and has experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated and proactive with the ability to work with limited direction
- Proficiency with generating reports in Excel & PowerPoint
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.