BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
BUSINESS STRATEGY AT PURE...
What makes this team unique in contrast to other opportunities? Here at Pure Storage employees get a much wider exposure to strategy development and market execution. This team is closely aligned with both the Sales and Finance organizations and presents strategic guidance directly to top management. Business Strategy works closely with product management, engineering, finance, marketing and many other teams to develop partnership strategies, influence product vision, and establish go-to-market plans. The successful candidate will have 360 visibility to all aspects of business management - from strategic planning to deal execution, from initial strategic idea to full go-to-market implementation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING...
We are looking for a highly talented commercial professional with exceptional problem solving skills to join our Business Strategy team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing commercial decision making and growth initiatives within Pure Storage’s EMEA Theatre and occasionally for initiatives that touch the whole company. This role is both strategic and tactical: it supports daily as well as strategic decision making. The role will require timely collaboration between multiple, passionate stakeholders for urgent, time-sensitive decisions.
- Develop a strong understanding of Pure’s business model, competitive landscape and product offers
- Review incoming deals for accuracy, fitness and alignment with policies and strategic initiatives
- Understand common deal patterns and drive pricing and monetisation strategies to win deals
- Provide day to day decisions that guide the business towards company’s long term goals
- Manage complex deal engagements, creatively structure and model deals and coordinate internal approvals for them
- Trusted advisor to EMEA sales and sales leadership on commercials, sharing insights and trends on key business metrics
- Be the go-to Business Partner in cross-functional teams of Sales, Finance, Legal and Product Management - shaping and analysing large and complex deals to maximise key business metrics.
- Stay abreast of disruptive players/vendors entering the market
- Analyse market trends and customer feedback to anticipate customer needs, features, and functional requirements from which the product, engineering, technical and development teams can design, build, test and implement new products and offerings
- Support EMEA commercial policy and investments/growth projects
- Collaborate and present to functional leaders on a regular basis. Anticipate business questions by proactively developing targeted analysis, and support quarterly business reviews with local sales leadership
- Work closely with cross functional teams including corporate functions in California
- Maintain a confident, well informed point-of-view to challenge conventional or entrenched views
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM...
- Great business acumen and exceptional problem-solving skills, seeing a challenge through to the end
- Collaborative and open style which is proactive and service oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
- Can-do attitude, ability to quickly get up to speed with complex new topic areas, and capable of driving insight to tangible action plans
- 8 years of experience, preferably in the high tech industry, of which 2+ years of experience in commercial management, 2+ years of experience in a deal desk, product management, or comparable function
- Experience working in a Deal Desk/commercial management team
- Ability to analyse & recommend the best course of action for complex pricing situations
- Knowledge of Storage industry and Storage as a service is highly desirable
- Ability to gain and maintain credibility with senior management
- Strong and effective verbal and written skills
- International travel is required on a regular basis including travel to the US
Quantitative undergraduate degree (e.g. business, finance, economics, science, engineering, or a related field)
MBA highly beneficial
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.