BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is looking for a world-class Indirect Tax Compliance Senior to support the local manager in charge of the global indirect tax compliance of Pure Storage US and its affiliates. It would require strong organizational and process skills. The work would expose the senior to a global environment where we every day is different with new challenges and opportunities to learn. This role reports directly to the Global Indirect Manager based in Prague.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Being in charge of the preparation of the global indirect tax compliance of the Company; (around 30 countries and 50 VAT registrations);
- Support the design and implement best practices and procedure to scale and automate the indirect compliance process;
- Team with compliance advisors for the submission of the indirect tax return;
- Support and participate in and manage indirect tax audits.;
- In charge of the VAT accountancy;
- Support the indirect tax manager in relation to VAT, Goods and Services Tax, Consumption Tax and other similar transaction taxes regarding the current and new business initiatives;
- Provide ad-hoc support to the International Tax team for non-indirect tax-related matters (i.e. RD survey, communication with tax authorities, etc.)
Team / Structure
- Report to the Global Indirect Tax Manager based in Prague, CZ;
- Support International accounting team based in Dublin, Ireland;
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant Global VAT/indirect tax experience;
- Working knowledge of various VAT classifications including ESS, Intra-community transactions, custom;
- Experience in both industry and law firm/Big 4 accounting firm highly desired; experience in Shared Services Center will be appreciated;
- Detailed exposure to VAT taxation, country-specific or multi-jurisdictional VAT consulting and VAT compliance;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Being flexible with hours to partiality adapt to US schedule (potential late meeting);
- Ability to develop meaningful relationships with cross-functional internal stakeholders;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and consistency in performing all essential duties;
- Strong organization skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Highly motivated, strong analytical skills, and results-driven;
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface with multiple groups inside and outside of tax;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.