BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE..
We are seeking an experienced customer champion and brand evangelist who’s focused on driving adoption and growing the business for Pure as-a-Service in the EMEA region. In this role, you are responsible for net new pursuits (60%), supporting customer success organization for existing install base (20%), and field enablement (20%). You are the product expert, sales overlay from deal shaping standpoint, trusted advisor to the customer as the liaison to the customer success organization, and the primary point of contact in the region representing the Pure as-a-Service business unit. The role requires very well rounded technical, commercial (financial modeling), and business acumen along with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and with the customer base. You are the regional lead overseeing customer acquisition, onboarding, service delivery, and adoption across the region while focusing on supporting the sales teams to expand the customer base. You may be involved as a point of contact for any escalations from existing customers and a critical member of the team driving initiatives that overall improves the Pure as-a-Service experience for the customers. The role reports into the business unit and not the sales organization. You are simply the hands, eyes, and ears for the business unit in the region.
Pure’s storage-as-a-service business also known as Pure as-a-Service was launched in 2018 and since then it has become a fast-growing and very strategic business for the company. Pure as-a-Service is the only true OpEx storage service that the customers can deploy on-premise, at a colo managed by one of our Service Provider partners, or in the public cloud. Pure as-a-service not only delivers the industry-leading block, file, and object storage technology with consumption-based pricing, it also enables our partner ecosystem to build innovative cloud storage solutions without having to invest capital to stand it up.
As a part of the Pure as-a-Service business unit, you will be responsible for :
- Driving adoption of Pure as-a-Service among companies delivering or consuming storage-as-a-service. These companies spread across multiple verticals like financial services, service providers, IT outsourcing companies, health care, public sector, retail, manufacturing, health insurance, and many others.
- The growth of Pure as-a-Service customer base while facilitating product and platform collaboration between field sales, partners, and the business unit.
- Financial modeling and consulting to help make the total cost business case supporting new pursuits or expanding within existing customer install base.
- Partnering with Services organization to oversee onboarding, service deployment, service delivery, ongoing customer success, and help manage any escalations as a business unit overlay.
- Understanding and communicating market opportunities, trends, needs, and field feedback to cross-functional teams to drive towards better customer experience.
- Developing mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships within the company and within regional partners to help make Pure as-a-Service an easy offering to sell/operationalize through the channel
- Being the product expert and evangelist who’s prepared to pitch to C level executives driving home the value and differentiation.
- Collaboration with Sales, Services, Product, Finance, Legal, Deal Desk, and Enablement
Successful candidates will have a strong working knowledge of cloud and SaaS products, data center technologies, a thorough understanding of cloud/SaaS commercial models, contracts, customer success experience, and business development. Experience with procuring and/or selling as-a-service models and related pricing structures is highly desirable. Financial model and understanding of P&L, Cash views, balance sheets fundamentals, etc is highly desirable.
This is a highly visible role that requires partnering with a variety of leaders and teams across Pure, partners organizations, customer organizations, and possibly third-party vendors in the region. It definitely requires working with the teams in California that may require late evening work hours as well. 20% of travel is expected mostly in the region but quarterly to HQ in California.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in IT Infrastructure, IaaS, SaaS and Software industry
- Strong command on IaaS/SaaS customer success and service delivery with a proven track record of delivering results for customers. Always keeping customers first.
- Experience partnering with sales, business development, customer success, and professional services organizations
- Strong business development acumen supporting sales teams through strategic sales campaigns
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically in a startup-like environment
- Ability to own the execution of standard operating procedures and best practices governed by the business unit in order to provide consistent customer experience
- Participate in enablement initiatives to help scale operational knowledge and differentiation
- Track customer 360 metrics and provide regular updates to management in California along with risk assessment around customer retention.
- Experience with services SOW, SaaS/IaaS service contracts and SaaS/IaaS product offerings
- Experience in IT storage technologies and related services
- Experience with public cloud IaaS and PaaS highly desired
- Good documentation and reporting skills highly effective
- MBA desired
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.