BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We seek a highly motivated Manufacturing Quality Engineer responsible for the supplier excellence of Pure’s production in Foxconn Juarez, Mexico (FJZ). This individual will be the liaison between the FJZ and Pure, work closely with his/her teammates in Ops and Supply Chain Management to ensure product quality and on-time delivery are achieved.
This individual will be responsible for three key areas: (1) Product quality metrics, monitoring and reporting, (2) driving continuous improvements at FJZ and (3) providing technical supports to supply chain management and FJZ. As the Manufacturing Quality Engineer, you will:
- Manage the quality of PCBA and system-level assembly in FJZ, Review yield reports and drive continuous improvement. Create and implement comprehensive quality procedures.
- Maintain quality records and FAIRs from incoming components, in-process materials, and finished goods.
- Investigate failures and coordinate failure analysis with suppliers. Drive root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Establish product quality standards and KPIs such as FPY and component DPPM. Lead defect reduction team (DRT) to improve product yields and throughputs.
- Bring visibility of potential quality issues and supply issues to Pure management and follow through to resolution.
- Perform audits at FJZ and suppliers, enforce SCARs for non-conformances.
- Expect a considerable amount of travel. Primary location of travel is Shenzhen of China.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or other technical engineering related discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Highly experienced in PCBA manufacture including SMT process and mechanical assembly.
- Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers and commodity suppliers,
- Expertise in components such as PCBs, ICs, sheet metals, DIMM, etc.
- Strong knowledge of supplier quality improvement methods such as 8D, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, etc.
- Proficiency with IPC standard is required
- ISO auditor and Lean Six Sigma certified is a plus
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and has experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated and proactive with the ability to work with limited direction
- Proficiency with generating reports in Excel & PowerPoint,
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.