BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Corporate FP&A Finance Manager (Opex) will be a key member of the Corporate FP&A team, driving global planning & forecasting, automating operational processes, and improving systems/tools that scale for Pure’s growth as well as producing analysis & insights for executive reports, finance metrics, and Board of Director presentations.
This role will have high visibility and focus on company-level analytics and modeling, reporting operating expense metrics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly cadence to executive staff. The role will also drive alignment and consistency with other functions such as HR, accounting, operations, and within FP&A, business partner leads who support Sales, Marketing, R&D, G&A and Ops/Support, understanding what they need to support their business partners and providing tools and processes they can leverage.
- Manage planning, reporting, forecasting, and analysis for headcount and operating expenses across the entire company.
- Drive business insight and business excellence across all operating and capital expense line items and KPIs, geographies, and business units
- Pull together weekly/monthly/quarterly finance metrics published to executive staff, including metrics for hiring, retention, investment allocation, expense run rate, and operating leverage
- Partner closely with HR, accounting, IT and other functions to drive consistency and alignment in business requirements and definitions, reporting hierarchies, integrated systems, and scalable processes (e.g. procure to pay) to enhance and transform reporting and business intelligence
- Oversee and manage the continued development of planning, budgeting, forecasting, and modeling tools and processes to improve automation and efficiency
- Deliver a business partner financial package that can be leveraged by Corporate FP&A for consolidations as well as the business partner FP&A leads to communicate financial results in a standard format to their business partners on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Perform ad hoc analysis including, but not limited to, headcount bridge, personnel investments including cost per head trending, end-to-end T&E analysis, facilities, depreciation, and other operational metrics.
What You Bring to the Team
- BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent; MBA a plus.
- 5-7 Years of progressively complex roles in a financial function with financial planning and analysis experience/understanding, particularly in a Corporate FP&A role.
- Strong communication and “story-telling” skills, particularly to executive management.
- Demonstrated track record and success in working with large amounts of data, synthesizing patterns and trends into compelling analysis for executive decision-making
- Can define, articulate, and implement FP&A best practices in ambiguous environments
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, and financial modeling abilities.
- Self-motivated curiosity, sense of urgency, ability to pivot seamlessly between big picture and fine level granularity, and relentless focus on outcomes not activity
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, through strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating and communication skills, with all levels of management.
- Advanced Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with NetSuite and Anaplan software a plus.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.