BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Corporate FP&A Finance Manager (Revenue) will be a key member of the Corporate FP&A team, driving global planning & forecasting, automating operational processes, and improving systems/tools that scale for Pure’s growth as well as producing analysis & insights for executive reports, finance metrics, and Board of Director presentations.
This role will have high visibility and focus on company-level analytics and modeling, driving key performance metrics reporting on a weekly, monthly and quarterly cadence to executive staff. The role will partner closely with business leaders, finance leaders, and GTM operations to drive data-based insights and decision making. Responsibilities include deep-dive analytics on pipeline, transacting customers, win rates, and other top-line metrics, development and maintenance of standard reporting views for senior management covering key financial and growth metrics, influencing strategic and operational decisions as well as initiating and running various special projects/ad-hoc reporting.
- Manage planning, reporting, forecasting, and analysis for pipeline, bookings, revenue, COGS and gross margin metrics
- Spearhead analysis and deep understanding of the interrelated dynamics between KPIs including bookings vs revenue vs billings, etc. in order to optimize planning and business growth
- Pull together weekly/monthly/quarterly business and finance metrics published to executive staff, including metrics for bookings, revenue, pipeline and gross margin.
- Drive business insight and business excellence across various business metrics by product lines, geographies, etc
- Oversee and manage the continued development of planning, budgeting, forecasting, and modeling tools and processes.
- Deliver a business partner financial package that can be leveraged by Corporate FP&A for consolidations as well as the business partner FP&A leads to communicate financial results in a standard format to their business partners on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Perform ad hoc analysis including, but not limited to, funnel conversion, sales productivity, scenario modeling, and flex budgeting across multiple geographies, product lines, and business units
What You Bring to the Team
- BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent; MBA a plus.
- 5-7 Years of progressively complex roles in a financial function with financial planning and analysis experience/understanding, particularly in a Corporate FP&A role.
- Hands-on analytical mindset and quantitative focus passionate about analyzing and synthesizing business metrics and raw data to distill performance trends and business insights for executive decision-making; expertise in statistical modeling a plus
- Strong communication and “story-telling” skills, particularly to executive management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, and financial modeling abilities.
- Self-motivated curiosity, sense of urgency, ability to pivot seamlessly between big picture and fine level granularity, and relentless focus on outcomes not activity
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, through strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating and communication skills, with all levels of management.
- Advanced Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with NetSuite and Anaplan software a plus.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.