BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We're looking for a Technical Instructor who is customer-obsessed and driven to innovate as we build and transform how we educate and develop employees, customers, and partners. The right candidate is creative, not afraid to roll-up sleeves, and has demonstrated a drive to solve real customer problems and revolutionize the way people build skills and capabilities. This individual will need to have superb presentation and facilitation skills, highly organized, and have what it takes to challenge status-quo. With this career opportunity, you will leverage your skills and experiences in learning and development to help deliver education solutions that yield incredible results. This individual contributor role will report into the Performance, Education & Knowledge Team as part of the global Customer Experience organization comprising Technical Services and Professional Services.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Deliver technical training to employees, partners, and customers in Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region to provide them with skills and tools designed to get them further and faster with Pure technology
- Bring a creative approach to learning and teaching
- Learn new subjects and technologies with minimum supervision at a rapid pace
- Teach a variety of classes and events including in-person and virtual instructor-led
- Develop and maintain lab environments and activities for training
- Assist in development and updates of technical courseware
- Collaborate with content creators across the company to identify the best content possible to accelerate the success of the audience
- Leverage deep knowledge of storage and networks, while also exercising ability to stay current with rapidly evolving enhancements in the product, go to market strategy, and industry activities
- Partner with divisional stakeholders and L&D team members in a consultative manner to continuously align learning solutions with development needs
- Prepares pragmatic and cost effective recommendations taking into consideration who (target audience), how (classroom/eLearning), when (business critical) and where (required travel) education is delivered
- Demonstrates a basic understanding and use of instructional design process methodology, including analysis of the audience, job tasks, design documents, storyboards, assessment strategy and learning activities
- Collaborates with other L&D team members and vendors closely to develop and deliver solutions
- Collects, analyzes, and action feedback to facilitate continuous improvement
- Monitors and reports the effectiveness of education and solutions
- Effectively communicates with team members, business partners, and key stakeholders on any learning initiative and recommendation
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- English proficiency required
- Minimum 5 years experience of technical training and/or content development experience in a storage and/or networking topics across APJ.
- Ability to successfully train non-English speaking participants with the help of a translator as needed
- Proficiency with Linux OS and CLI
- Knowledge of hardware and hardware configuration
- Technical understanding of foundational technologies like fibre channel, iSCSI, networking etc.
- Experience or working knowledge of technologies such operating systems (Solaris, Linux, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage area networks is a strong plus
- Knowledge of SSD and Flash SAN/NAS storage is a strong plus
- Expert presentation and facilitation skills including white-boarding and utilizing various facilitation techniques to engage learners
- Experience with delivering webinars and virtual instructor-led trainings
- Content development skills
- Experience architecting lab scenarios
- Previous experience working in a technical support and/or customer support organization is a strong plus
- Ability to work independently, but also able to collaborate with others with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and desire to try new methods, tools, and processes to improve learning experiences
- Significant experience working where customer satisfaction is paramount in a service delivery care environment
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment
- Japanese and/or Korean speaking preferred
- 50%-75% travel required
- Top 3-4 skills required - technical training experience, can travel, has technical background
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.