BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
As the Sales Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of running a region of Corporate Account Executives, selling to prospective and existing customers. The key objectives of the role are to drive new revenue from potential and existing customers.
The Sales Manager role will report directly to the Director of Corporate Sales. The role requires a purposeful and deliberate leader that can build and execute strategic plans to consistently achieve targets. You will manage a growing team that is responsible for regionally covering thousands of whitespace and install accounts. You will leverage our robust development program to further AE development and ultimately exceed quota expectations. To do this you will need to:
- Develop a high-performance sales team that is passionate about selling
- Design and execute the customer engagement strategy
- Interview and hire top talent when needed
- Work closely with cross-functional departments, including field sales teams, technical selling resources, sales operations, marketing and product management
- Work with sales enablement to design and implement the programs necessary for the Inside Sales Team to be highly effective in their selling efforts
- Broadly implement the sales skills in the Business Value Selling methodology
- Manage day-to-day performance of ISR’s delivering feedback, coaching and performance reviews, as required
- Maintain all reporting and dashboards that ensure a metrics-driven approach to managing and growing the business
- Work with sales leadership to generate ideas for sales contests and motivational initiatives.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement.
- Collaborate with IT on sales technology initiatives.
- Meet predetermined revenue goals through the activities of direct reports.
- Ensure account managers leverage the full breadth and scope of sales applications, including SFDC, ISDC, data.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Sendbloom, Aviso, Callidus, Anaplan and others
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- At least two years as an inside sales rep
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in front-line inside sales management
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding sales and performance targets
- Experience in smart selection of people – able to attract, recruit and retain top talent
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and have an internal strong sense of urgency
- Sound and proven business and leadership judgment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities
- Able to manage a business unit strategically through thorough planning and organizing
- Bachelor degree in business or finance (completed or in process MBA preferred)
- Solid vision
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.