BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Come manage a team of Forensic Software Engineers for Pure Storage's products. This is a cross-functional role that interacts with teams from hardware, software, support, sales as well as our Customers. You are in charge of investigating new and challenging problems surfaced in customer's production and test environments. We tackle reliability, performance, correctness, usability, and hardware problems that defy explanation and/or cause critical outages. The Forensics team is tasked with making Pure's products better through any means necessary. Whether developing cutting edge tools for Pure's support teams, fixing bugs, or driving priorities for fixes and features through engineering, you are in charge of shaping the future of Pure's software.
- Set priorities, goals and direction to a software engineering team
- Triage customer issues, assign engineering owners, set expectations for successful outcomes
- Determine tools development roadmap, priorities, tasks, owners, and schedule.
- Manage a team of software engineer's hiring, growth, and career development.
- Track product reliability metrics to adjust priorities and measure effectiveness of your team's efforts
- Participate in and manage engineering's on-call schedule, recruit engineers to join, and mentor participants
- Work with support, engineering, and release management on mitigation procedures for software issues in released code
- Provide updates to Pure executive leadership on customer and product issues
- Interact with customers as the voice of Pure Engineering on critical calls and strategic meetings.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- 8+ years software development and 2+ years of experience managing high performing teams.
- Proven excellent project management, interpersonal and communication skills. Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Focused and agile under pressure.
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to communicate with highly technical teams as well as ability to simplify complex systems for non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in CS preferred.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.