BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is seeking a technical software development manager to help lead product development and grow the overall engineering organization. You will be leading a team of software developers in the creation of our product and will need to partner with product management, QA, technical writing, and various other software teams. You will also provide the necessary technical direction and mentoring to employees on your team and others to achieve successful project outcomes.
In this role, you'll get to learn and contribute to the process of developing great technology and building a successful company. Our open culture and transparency in both strategy and operations allow employees a deeper level of engagement in engineering and business decisions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Software Manager for DevTest who will help lead and grow a team into developing automated test infrastructure for software-based all-flash storage arrays
- Collaborate with software and hardware engineers to define test automation requirements by participating in product design reviews
- Lead by example in doing hands-on design, development, and debugging.
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to employees on your team and others to ensure product quality and on-time deliverables
- Identify and leverage metrics that allow us to ensure and improve our release process
What You Bring To The Team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4 plus years of technical management experience, at multiple levels while staying hands-on in testing, troubleshooting or development.
- Successfully manage and lead a team with senior engineers.
- 8 plus years of software automation or quality assurance experience (Python, C, etc)
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire development life-cycle.
- Experience with troubleshooting and managing a complex automation system
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.