BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We seek a highly motivated Senior Field Quality Engineer responsible for field quality excellence of Pure’s products. This individual will work closely with his/her engineering counterparts in Hardware, Product, Test, Quality and Field Support to ensure field quality KPIs are achieved. This individual will be responsible for three key areas: (1) field quality metrics, monitoring and reporting, (2) failure escalation management and FA/RCCA activities, and (3) ensuring quality at the repair centers. As the Senior Field Quality Engineer, you will:
- Partner with key business stakeholders in Operations, Engineering, and Support to establish target field quality KPIs such as DOA/ARR/AFR levels, and component/product MTBF levels. Generate and publish reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly) on KPI metrics. Meet regularly with stakeholders to review metrics and performance to goals.
- Drive automation of metrics reporting, including developing real-time dashboard views of results.
- Use advanced data analytics to identify special/common cause process variation vs underlying failure modes, and to predict future failure trends.
- Lead cross-functional escalation activities for quality issues within the field and Supply Chain, including stop ships, purges, failure and root-cause analyses, and drive all identified corrective actions to closure.
- Work with counterparts in Engineering to ensure field and Supply Chain quality issues are investigated, root caused and resolved within current and future products.
- Identify and track failure analysis on components, commodities and parts based on repair actions conducted at repair centers. Track effectiveness of implemented corrective actions.
- Perform quality audits at repair centers and enforce SCARs for non-conformances.
- Provide Quality’s feedback via a scorecarding process to drive continuous supplier/repair center improvements. Report on performance to Executive Management at supplier/repair center Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Drive continuous process improvement and optimization within the repair centers and supply chain, as well as across Pure’s internal processes.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to improve product reliability and manufacturing testing methods to expose potential failure modes during product development.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
Personal Skills and Experience Required
- 10+ years of experience in a quality leadership role in Storage, Compute, Security or Networking industries. Multiple years driving field quality issues at repair centers and across the Supply Chain.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time to support and audit repair centers and Supply Chain nodes.
- ONE QUALITY TEAM: Experience working with multinational cross-functional teams in manufacturing and effectively interface with engineering, support, contract manufacturers, program management, administrative and management personnel to ensure the highest quality standards for our products.
- AUTHENTIC & RELIABLE: Exemplifies the highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character.
- OPEN HEARTS & MINDS: Embodies an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for leading people, improving and implementing processes, embracing change, and working collaboratively with team members and peers.
- PURPOSEFUL COMMUNICATION: Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including a very strong executive presence.
- THINK BEYOND: Superior problem-solving skills and ability to think critically, incorporating sound judgement and business acumen to analyze information, remove roadblocks, and drive results.
- Strong knowledge of production monitoring methods and metrics.
- Strong knowledge of functional and system level testing.
- Strong knowledge of failure analysis approaches and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of quality improvement methods such as 8D, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, etc.
- Embrace Sigma / Lean Supply Chain transformation and governance activities in the organization.
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic and, at times, ambiguous environment.
- Microsoft or Google Productivity Suites (Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides, Word/Docs)
- Tableau for data visualization and dashboards
- Lucidchart or similar for Value Stream mapping
- Smartsheet or related project management software
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other technical manufacturing related discipline; advanced degree preferred.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.