BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Pure Storage Principal Systems Engineer (PSE) is a senior level technical Systems Engineer with broad, deep industry experience. The Principal has a great grasp of industry trends and a high degree of business acumen. This role focuses on up-leveling the Systems Engineering field teams, mentoring SE’s and serving as a technical thought leader across the geography. The Principal SE is also a cross–functional role and has responsibility for roadmap delivery, collaborating with the field CTOs, providing feedback to Engineering and Product Management and representing Pure in regional events.
The PSE demonstrates expert-level knowledge of the storage industry and adjacent markets. Serves as a senior member of the Systems Engineering team and operates in close relationship with the SE Manager, developing and mentoring the SE team, driving the largest opportunities and sales campaigns across the region, own regional roadmap responsibilities, represent Pure at regional industry or marketing events, aid in developing the technical prowess of the region while developing Executive level relationships in the top strategic customers in the region. Work is non-routine and complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
The PSE is responsible, as the field expert, for formulating and leading pre-sales technical/ functional support activity to prospective partners, clients and customers, while ensuring customer focus and satisfaction.
- Responsible for providing assistance and guidance to the sales region, delivering the best technology solutions in a dynamically evolving hyper-competitive environment. As required, leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process.
- Become a trusted and collaborative conduit/liaison between customers, partners, sales, engineering, and product management.
- Identify key trends while mapping customer challenges/needs with Pure Storage’s business and technology strategy.
- Inspire/Ignite excitement both internally and externally surrounding Pure’s vision and ability to execute.
- Ability to speak with confidence on technical subjects, market needs and conditions.
- Credible, customer focused technical resource, with the ability to align/articulate technology to business value to a variety of different audiences.
- In depth knowledge of the storage market and competitors. Predict long-term competitive trends, and shifts in the market; Maintains both broad and deep technical expertise across the storage industry, including Pure and relevant competitive offerings.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Provide technical leadership and mentoring for the SE organization, Acts as a lead technical resource and mentor to the field SE organization.
- Representing Pure at industry events and key Pure marketing events within the region; fully engaged in field marketing (customer, partner).
- Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities, which require creative and complex solutions.
- Assists in developing programs, productivity tools and training for the field SE organization.
- Assists in developing, creation and delivery of excellent presentations and demonstrations.
- Advise internal and external clients on overall architecture and solutions. Ability to influence through presentations, demonstrations, and verbal/written communication.
- Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business.
- Responsible for supporting and mentoring of SE’s, assisting in knowledge development expansion of field technical resources within the channel by providing technical training sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead discussions through business value, aligning to technical strategy.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Through understanding and analysis of TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), ROI (Return on Investment) and their applications across the Pure portfolios.
- Pure Cultural Ambassador, assisting in maintaining the company culture, to continue to retain and attract top technical talent.
- Identify customer’s business needs and align towards technical goals of the company while able to align and assign priorities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years (industry relevant) vendor (pre-sales, technical) experience.
- 7+ years business experience with relevant storage, computer applications, File/Object, high performance architectures.
- Strong understanding in storage and flash memory technologies.
- Strong innovative disposition.
- Application experience around real time analytics, AI/ML.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills: needs analysis, positioning, and business justification, project management.
- Thorough knowledge/experience of systems, infrastructures and application infrastructures and design.
- Ability to travel as needed: Anticipate 3 days/week (60-75%)
- Extensive product experience across technology vendor(s), with recognized impact and advancement of responsibility.
- Strong technical prowess, including good working knowledge of storage, compute, database, networking, and File/Object technologies; Ability to articulate and demonstrate advanced product features.
- Understanding of the high performance architectures (real time analytics, AI/ML, etc)
- Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations, demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
- Ability to combine big-thinking strategic perspective with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious approach coupled with a strong passion to make a difference.
- Strong executive presence and ability to evangelize momentums with a wide range of dispositions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage organization(s).
- Proficient in working towards results, with ownership and accountability and the ability to change pace and focus in a dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.