BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Pure Storage Channel Technical Manager (CTM) position is a highly critical and senior role in shaping Pure’s Partner/Channel success & development. The CTM is a Member of the Regional Leadership team and responsible for representing Pure Storage to our most important and strategic portion of our business. In the CTM role, you will be leading and enabling our Partners & Channels with our market and industry leadership, culture, products and solutions through interaction with the Pure Sales, Partner Principals, Executives, Sales, Systems Engineering, Regional / National Pure Channel Management and Partner Training teams.
This strategic leadership role will drive Pure’s Channel to a successful, self-sufficient autonomous state through enablement, knowledge and collaboration. Additionally, you will be accountable for maintaining a partner business and technical profile as well as gathering and advocating the partner’s input and technical requirements for new features, needs and knowledge; In concert to this autonomy driven model, you will provide coaching and mentoring to the Partners, hand-holding partners in accounts and opportunities managed solely by them through the entire sales cycle.
As an extended member of the Channels and Sales team, the CTM will collaborate with the Pure Storage Regional Sales/SE teams and Channel Account Managers (CAMs). They will ensure Regional (cross district) alignment to partner strategy, determine needs, drive programs while updating and delivering the partner sales/technical enablement strategy.
Ultimately the CTM is responsible for the Channel enablement and sales success across multi-districts within a Region (defined as a large group of districts and territories).
This Channel Technical Manager may be located in the vicinity of any major Metropolitan area in any major Northeastern city of the US (New York, Boston, Philadelphia, etc) and will travel up to 50% within the supported region.
- Regular interaction with partner principals, executives, and sales and sales management at existing and prospective value added and direct market resellers
- Conduct regular sales training presentations with partner technical and sales teams to ensure understanding and articulation of Pure’s Value Proposition and Industry Leadership
- Assist with driving pipeline, sales qualification, and closing of business through the Channel
- Define and deploy development plans to deepen our traction with existing channel partners, reviewing and re-assessing quarterly
- Support regional strategy for recruiting new channel partners as needed to support growth
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Pure’s competitive positioning in the marketplace Oversee relationship building activities and account mapping activities between Pure’s Sales organization and partners in your assigned region
- Be the Channel trusted advisor to our regional partner/channel estate and regional teams as an extension of the Systems Engineering team. Coaching and teaching how to sell and compete
- Drive channel autonomy & independence through Pure Storage partner enablement programs with the regional sales teams
- Assist in Identifying, refining and researching technical requirements of each sales opportunity by working closely with Pure Sales Teams, Partners & Customers in the design and implementation
- Participate in the creation of channel sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities with emphasis on the channel partner(s) in the region
- Mentor and assist partners with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, applications, solutions and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces. Be a Pure Storage technical expert and in areas of Storage, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, SDN, SaaS solutions, Networking, Dev-ops, Machine Learning, Competition and Channels Business Dynamics
- Demonstrate industry and market prowess, thought and practice-leadership as a senior member of our SE team
- Build meaningful relationships with key partners and Pure Storage Sales Teams within their resident geography and assigned partner base
- Focus on enablement & relationship building throughout our Channel and Partner ecosystem including focus partners & new recruits
- Management and creation of technical enablement plan for channel partners; Work Closely with the Partner Program to determine needed tool sets to drive partner enablement and autonomy; Owns, monitors, reports on, and drives technical enablement activities for assigned partner base
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management in helping to define product requirements and usability from the Channel POV
- Mentor in-geo Pure Storage SEs on how to manage and deliver partner enablement plan for their partner base leveraging the Pure Partner Ambassador Program; Provide on the job training for partner SE’s by allowing partner SE’s to shadow presentations and evaluation installations
- Coordinate partner training activities with a wide range of Pure Storage field & corporate resources
- Provide ad-hoc support for evaluations and post sales issues with partner engineers, and quickly transition them to appropriate pure storage internal resources
- Present at channel driven marketing activities
- Collaborates with Pure Channel SEs, NPTMs and in-geo SEs & CAMs, PureIQ trainers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Strong cross functional leadership and excellent communication skills to drive consensus across groups both internally and within the Channel/Partner organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and can clearly and effectively articulate Pure’s value and technical leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, to prioritize effectively to think big picture, and to use good judgment in resolving difficult issues
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementation of multi-tiered client/server computing solutions
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentations
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives)
- Familiarity with Artificial intelligence, ML, Big Data, IOT and the associated applications/architectures
- VMWARE, WINDOWS, LINUX, UNIX OS, NFS, SMB file systems, and UNIX distributed network environments
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems. (Plus)
- Knowledge of Hypervisor Technologies (VMWare, Citrix, MSoft), Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking
- Channel Account Management experience with a proven track record of success
- Existing relationships with key partners in the designated region
- Possess high EQ and dealing with people in multicultural environments
- Passion, commitment, and drive for success working in a motivated team environment
- 5-10 years minimum experience supporting the sales / channels of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.